Ysatis

Givenchy
Pierre Dinand

Where to buy Ysatis

Reviews of Ysatis by Givenchy

There are 50 reviews of Ysatis by Givenchy.

This was my first 'grown up with a job' real perfume. It fit the 1980's perfectly, EVERYTHING in the 80s was Over-the-top BIG: hair, 'wall of sound' music, shoulder pads, scarves, and sillage. No 'people with allergies' back then. Met my husband while wearing it, he still loves it when I put it on for special occasions. And as someone above noted, I realized to my surprise that I am now "The grandmother". Time. Wow.
I'm down to half a bottle of the EDP travel spray and a tiny crystal bottle of the perfume. After the initial 'wall of smell' it does settle down some, and wears well if applied with a light hand...or not.
Oct 12, 2020

From a vintage sample... Kitchen sink, classic fragrance with strong tuberose and jasmine, carnation and ylang ylang opening. Classic floral combo obviously, that I've smelled many time before. comes on strong. I consider this "outdated". I haven't smelled this since way back when but, the sample I procured has remained intact.

The flowers go on and on...

It's a soft, glowing scent later, flowers mute, and has a slightly sweetened animalic and amber-ish accord. Overall, it smells similar to many others created in this general "era". More luxurious and classy though, than some others. Not much new to add that hasn't been noted.
Oct 9, 2020

Wide shoulders, big hair, loud perfume; fashion was really over the top in the eighties. And although it wasn't on the Red List with Giorgio and Poison, this stonking great powdery tuberose is still one to handle with care.

***

Modern full bottle
Sep 18, 2019

Ysatis is a beautiful vintage-style floral, but it lacks « a bit of something » and has got « too much of other stuff ». That makes it itchy to the nose and a bit dull.
Nov 23, 2018

I haven't encountered a woman wearing this in many years, but at one time Ysatis was my favorite perfume to smell on a woman.

My memories of this are from the vintage version circa 1992.
I read the modern formula is weaker and more floral.

The vintage version was strong, feminine, sexy, and a bit mysterious.

The kind of perfume a high-powered professional lady would wear if she were bold in her private life. Floral and feminine on the surface, yet with woody and even slightly animalistic undertones.
Feb 5, 2018

You could loofah every inch of your body, emerge from shower with the steam still rising from your skin, put this on and smell STALE. I'm not saying that Ysatis in particular gave birth to the "fresh" ozonic 90's, but I'm not saying it didn't, either.

Jul 1, 2017

Show more reviews of Ysatis...

Add your review of Ysatis