Youth Dew Amber Nude

About Youth Dew Amber Nude by Estée Lauder

Estée Lauder
Tom Ford
Creative Director

An update of Youth Dew, overseen by Tom Ford.

Reviews of Youth Dew Amber Nude by Estée Lauder

There are 34 reviews of Youth Dew Amber Nude by Estée Lauder.

It smells like the little perfume bottle in a harem girl's table. she seduces her sultan with ginger, and fruity scents that give her a youthful playful charm.but she is actually all grown up.a complex woody ambery oriental with musky undertones. sultry,spicy,intoxicating,provocative and sensual.

Such a beautiful opening,spicy cinnamon& ginger, then a perfect plum.after 30 minutes it's gone, to be replaced with sensual amber,smoky woods and delicate subdued spice.this juice demands a certain confidence and sophisticated femininity to be allowed to shine properly.it holds the DNA of the original Youth Dew but it's less strong and more wearable.
Jul 18, 2021

Underneath, this is still the same old Youth-Dew; powdery, balsamic and sweet. But she has cast off some of her spicy robes and now wears an Opium style hat of fruity bergamot-orange. Amber Nude is brighter, smoother, more modern; easier to wear. But she's also a bit vague, especially when the amber comes in. Even though she has a feminine touch she doesn't 'drive men wild' like Youth-Dew did; she is more low key than that and doesn't have the insistent siren-call of her mother. As the daughter of a once great beauty, Amber Nude does have her charms but they're patchy, and nothing compared to the grandeur of the matriarch.

Boxed miniature
Jan 23, 2020

As a guy, I think this is the most incredible, most beautiful "women's" perfume that I have ever smelled. Ever, ever, ever! Granted, I haven't smelled everything, but I would wear this myself. This is a masterpiece. I've never had ANY scent develop so beautifully on skin. I gotta find more of this stuff!
Apr 22, 2017

It all began with Dan's 1925 oriental, Tabu. A number of houses made their own copies under different names, among them Lelong and Tuvache. The most successful copy was Lauder's 1952, Youth Dew.

For comparison I sprayed one wrist with Youth Dew and the other with Tom Ford's reformulation, Youth Dew Amber Nude. The latter is much drier, less opulent than the original. It is darker, in the Rochas Femme mode, and more gourmand. The dark cocoa and amber combination make it modern. The original Youth Dew formula lurks in the background, but does not step forward (as does the original Angel in all its flankers).

Tasteful, much, much lighter than the original, perfectly decent scent, but it does not rock my boat.
Nov 21, 2015

It's sad that this was just a limited edition flanker...it truly deserves to be on the shelves permanently.

YDAN is to Youth Dew what No.5 Eau Premiere is to No.5. All the weight of the original has been removed, and replaced with zesty, almost gingered notes of aldehydes and musks. To be clear - if you don't like the original Youth Dew, chances are you won't like this either. However, if you found the original to be difficult to wear, dated, etc., this is worth a shot.

Funny thing is, I don't really catch any prominent amber note. I think they should have left the name as Youth Dew Nude and it would have been far more representational of the composition. Either way, beautiful stuff - grab it while you still can.
May 27, 2015

Man, this is one beautiful fragrance! From the first whiff I'm transported into a yummy trance. I keep sniffing my wrists and clothes! I'm not experienced enough to talk tech, but I'll try to give my opinion. I never liked spicy fragrances like Cinnabar and even Youth Dew before. I couldn't deal with them but that was years ago. Even the powerhouses like Guerlain's Mitsouko and Shalimar put me off. Lately, though, I 'get' them. YDAN is one that I 'get', and it's glorious. The trick for me with these rich fragrances is applying behind my knees and wrists and well away from my nose. Then I let it waft up and can appreciate its beauty. The tea, grapefruit, and spice creates an intoxicatingly beautiful opening. It puts a smile on my face and I enjoy it right through the floral notes to the gorgeous amber base. This is one of those heavy-hitters like Giorgio that I only wear at home. On my days off I can enjoy myself without offending anyone. I'm not saying that it should only be worn at home, but that's the way I enjoy it and can apply as much as I want. I may even give Youth Dew another try. I wouldn't describe this as dated, or Shalimar would have to be thrown into that category imo. YDAN holds its own. It was a blind buy and is one of my must-have winter staples. Love it.
Jan 10, 2015

Show more reviews of Youth Dew Amber Nude...

Add your review of Youth Dew Amber Nude