Y
Yves Saint Laurent (2017)

Overall

About Y by Yves Saint Laurent

Yves Saint Laurent

The company say:

Y, the new masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. Inspired by the iconic Yves Saint Laurent white t-shirt and black jacket, this Eau De Toilette represents a balance between freshness and strength. Like a crisp white t-shirt, notes of bergamot, sage and ginger offer a sharp juicy freshness to challenge convention and exceed all expectations. At its base, soft notes of balsam fir, cedarwood and marine ambergris embody the subtle power of a tailored black jacket that is refined, chic and surprisingly powerful. An authentic and bold creation; masculinity re-defined.

Where to buy Y

Reviews of Y by Yves Saint Laurent

There are 24 reviews of Y by Yves Saint Laurent.

This doesn't just smell awful, but also cynical.

0/10, unless we're allowed negative numbers.
Sep 14, 2021

For if said stealthy
Stripper Amber stopper of
Said current showtime

Cometh Yet again
Canneth not one pass and stow
In this world and next?

Ah, brave average
Y do I even ask U
Knowing Yet Your Truth?

Should Y fail and fall
To beautY's path worse taken
Fortune findeth fools.
Apr 17, 2021

Was expecting something special being a scent award winner in 2018. Ambergris smells nice and I can pick up on the incense notes.

Some females notice but not too many pay attention. Boss Bottled and CK Eternity are still my go to scents for maximum female attention.

More suited towards an office than a day or night out.
Mar 4, 2021

A blast of chemical freshness greets me, with aldehydes and Iso E Super in the foreground. a touch of ginger and a background of citrus - mainly bergamot with a whiff of grapefruit - round off this round.

The drydown veers into the herbal side, with safe, a pinch of thyme and a violet leaf - still a bright mix. Some floral notes, geranium mainly, as also present.

The base is based on white musks mainly, but initially it greets me with a salty inkling,a laboratory attempt at an ambergris that results in a nigh marine-like twist. A woodsy background - mainly cedar with touches of fir - appears towards the end.

I ger moderate sillage, good projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

A pleasant and fresh spring creation that is rather generic most of the time. 2.5/5
Aug 27, 2020

This must be the most synthetic scent i have ever come across. It reminds me of new plastic toys that you just unwrapped from the box. Powerful longevity and sillage nevertheless.

Very mediocre. Overall 5.5/10
Sep 13, 2019

Nice fresh and slightly sweet fragrance, nothing special but definitely a good scent when you you're a confident person and know what you're wearing. Makes a good warm weather fragrance. I've smelt both the edt and edp, one on each arm for a day. I found the edp to be a bit too heavy and a little sweeter than the edt, pushing it towards the feminine side, so I went for the cheaper edt. Besides that the difference between them is barely noticable. Overall a good, safe and versatile scent.
Jun 28, 2019

Show more reviews of Y...

Add your review of Y