Wild Bluebell

Overall

About Wild Bluebell by Jo Malone London

Jo Malone London

Reviews of Wild Bluebell by Jo Malone London

There are 9 reviews of Wild Bluebell by Jo Malone London.

I enjoy Jo Malone perfumes and other Christine Nagel perfumes, so I was surprised by how neutral I feel about this one. It's pleasant and light, not terribly distinctive.
Jul 14, 2020

The Jasmine was the deal breaker for me. The ladies should enjoy this one though. My opinion would be biased in rating this one.
May 6, 2019

Doesn't smell much of anything but then I tested it in the store and that may have dampened the scent. Suitable for someone who enjoy very faint and light scents, barely noticeable.

It supposedly contains bluebells, persimmon and white musk. It's more light-fruity and musk in fragrance. The only remnant of the fragrance that is noticeable after the first top note is the musk.
May 18, 2018

Mmm...I like this one. I got a sample for my wife and she wore it today. She's also tried the Penhaligon's Bluebell previously, and I must say that Jo Malone's Wild Bluebell is much fresher smelling and enjoyable overall. It has some similar notes to the Penhaligons, but the Jo Malone fragrance outshines the Penhaligon's, which comes across more musty and synthetic to my nose. I will definitely get her a bottle of this at some point. She liked it a lot as well. Thumbs up.
Feb 22, 2017

One of those melon/lily "aquatic floral" perfumes. There are quite a few of these out there, and I judge them by one easy criteria - Without sufficient attention to detail, it's easy for these to deteriorate into a cheap green chemical mess that smells like hand sanitizer. Wild Bluebell passes the "doesn't-smell-like-Purell test", using a juicy quality to make the melon smell realistic instead of synthetic, while simple white flowers and subtle soap keep the lily from smelling chemical. Meanwhile, there's a saltiness to the whole mixture that hints at warm climate while giving a quiet mineral depth.

Actual bluebell flowers don't grow where I live, so I can't judge whether or not this does justice to the name, but I give it a thumbs up. The Jo Malone line does a good job with deceptively simple but carefully crafted florals and Wild Bluebell is another good example.
Jan 31, 2014

Odysseusm describes it well; on my skin the sweetish melon entrée is pleasant and after about twenty minutes gives way to the bluebell and the lily of the valley; he latter being more discreet and a touch fresher than it's Penhaligon's namesake. In the drydown a gentle amber an rose shows up. Overall very nice, never sweet after the top note and never cloying. the fragrance is close to my skin, with poor projection and silage, as usual for Jo Malone, but excellent for the office and for layering.

Nov 2, 2012

Show more reviews of Wild Bluebell...

Add your review of Wild Bluebell