Reviews of White Patchouli

Overall

White Patchouli by Tom Ford

Add your review of White Patchouli

Reviews of White Patchouli by Tom Ford

There are 47 reviews of White Patchouli by Tom Ford.

According to Basenotes and Fragrantica, White Patchouli is made by Givaudan.
But the sample I'm smelling is from Robertet.
(Disclosure : it came from a flea market in Paris - make of that what you will.)
Regardless of what it might actually be, this suede patchouli would be alright if it wasn't so bitter-sharp and chemical.

A really complex smell that doesn't really do much for me. It's based on that popular mix of rose, patchouli, and sandalwood, but the patchouli is intensely green to the point that it comes off as medicinal and a touch rotten. Meanwhile, it's very mineralic and dry, almost dusty, like someone sprayed a rose perfume on a big, wet, moldy rock. But then it's also kind of plasticky or waxy, like paint fumes or even a touch of bleach.

In a way, I enjoy its sexy hip hop goth steampunk weirdness, needlessly dark and complex but still hot, like one of those music videos where a hot black woman is singing naked in an antique bathtub full of milk. As such, I appreciate it for its artistic statement, but I still feel like its sexy weirdness clashes with my personality enough that I don't really enjoy it.

An outstanding combo of ingredients! I cannot pick out bergamot but, everything else reveals itself, to me. Not too dry. Not too pungent. It's just right. It has a joyous amount of flower notes.

Happiness, is a warm patchouli.

This smells very special. It's light but intense. Fresh and sweet. Acid and soft. It just lacks some sillage for it to be perfect.

White crayon rose skank.
Real Housewives of Patchouli.
Plastic. Floral. Bliss.

Sometimes I apply scent to help myself feel more dressed and fully stimulated--to help myself sit up straighter. Other times, I use it to help myself feel more less constricted and more relaxed--to help ease my nerves. In those moments, I want something undemanding, something free of too much prissy femininity, something firm but quiet--and something, above all, predictable.

Lavender will do, as will vetiver, but sometimes the former becomes boring and the latter gloomy. Lately, I've added White Patchouli, which is becoming almost a daily ritual, something I use as a stimulant in the morning, or a signal that the hard part of the day is over.

I surprised myself when I liked this stuff, since I really didn't expect to find anything here. The idea of a "clean" patchouli seems oxymoronic, but this stuff works. It hooks a good, camphorated shot of patchouli that clears the head and cools the skin onto a dark rose that fades to a moist ambrette, which settles into a pleasant fug that hangs very close to the skin. In other words, it's a very dry, slightly tart update of a 70's rose chypre along the liens of Coriandre, with an emphasis the more aromatic dimensions of the patchouli and not a hint of the swamp. Not much happens, but not much needs to happen when something makes you feel so calm and stimulated at the same time.

White Patch is the opposite of thought-provoking. It's just a comfortable scent that feels welcome in the context where I wear it, because I'm usually getting out of or into pajamas when I put this on. (It's also the only perfume I can tolerate when I get migraines--and then I actually crave it--go figure). No grand statements here--just a sense of feeling at ease with the world, with a little retro vibe on the side.

My wife purchased WP about a month ago and I can always tell when she's wearing it. To me it's a pretty elegant and feminine patchouli scent that is pleasingly light. Owning several masculine patchouli fragrances, I find the WP composition an accurate and fairly authentic patchouli that has just enough floral note to sweeten it. It is somewhat linear, in that it smells exactly the same every time I smell it, same in the morning as in the end of the day. My wife does say it starts off a bit detergent like but settles into a sweetened patchouli after about 30 minutes. I like it and give it a Thumbs Up.

White Patchouli by Tom Ford has been criticized for being too sterile and for drying down to laundry detergent. While, I do not entirely disagree with this–yes, the patchouli is cleaned-up, and yes the musk is a little like laundry detergent–the fragrance somehow holds its own among all of the other designer fruity patchouli offerings. Instead of a heavy dose of benzoin, tonka, or candy, this patchouli is balanced by white florals–the best example of this can be found in Noir Patchouli by Histoires de Parfums, which is a take no prisoners type of fragrance. WP, on the other hand, is an approachable option for people who want a patchouli fragrance but are not looking for candy. I can't think of many other fragrances that provide this option. Pleasures by EL has an army of flankers and it's too bad one of them doesn't feature a large dose of patchouli (sans candy) because, as WP has demonstrated, it actually does work.

PS–If you really like the opening of WP, but are disappointed by the dry down, try applying a little coconut oil to your skin before applying. Spraying on hair and clothing can also help.

A perfectly balance between tradition and modernity is one of the best characteristics in TOM FORD fragrances in my mind.regardless this EDP is not as special&seductive as BLACK ORCHID but for me this chypre floral is still both strong and wildly alluring but not in a decadent way. fresh,chic,subtle, sensuous, captivating,exotic and laudable.

It opens with fresh and dizzy by bergamot cool peony,elegant rose and jasmine reminiscent an imaginary bouquet of fresh flowers while the base gains sensuality and warmth from patchouli and evoking memories of hot parties because it makes a unexpectedly intimate impression and it is also impressive when you are alone.

BLACK ORCHID dry down has more depth and seduction than this.WHITE PATCHOULI is perfect in the rainy weather.it is not absolutely feminine and i highly recommend this EDP for a Self confident character who don't afraid of competition above all everybody who likes patchouli scent and also a must have for those who likes all the types of perfumes.

It's definitely a patchouli, but it's patchouli that's ashamed to announce itself as such, instead stylized under a series of lens flares and glimmering white lights. It has a draped, gauzy feel that's a tad powdery, and it creates an olfactory image of cream and tan textures and fabrics. There's a touch of rose peeking through, but barely enough to be identified as such. The overall feel is sort of a hazy, soft-focus, and dreamy kind of scent, but it's a bit let down by a miserable department store precooked bases. All in all, a polite balsamic thing over a textbook synth-sandalwood base. Unambitious in all possible ways, but a solid enough offering for someone wanting a light, non-Woodstock patch.

White Patchouli is decadent. This fragrance just makes my senses go wild. Patchouli is my second favorite scent, the first is vetiver. This fragrance combines the patchouli with white flowers but in a way that is not to girly. It smells elegant and sophisticated. I think it should be classified as unisex. I wear it now and then and when I do, the compliments just keep coming.

This smells heartwarmingly close in composition to Strange Invisible Perfume's captivating Lyric Rain, but doesn't exude the same weary melancholy. It is a spicy, very natural patchouli supported by a touch of bright bergamot and a soft tea rose heart. There is also a spicy melange of an accord that comes off as 'white pepper potpourri.' An excellent and simple spiced white floral with decent longevity and quality ingredients.

Sharp white flowers and spicey patchouliThe patchouli isn't center stage. White flowers, sharp amber and spices balance out the earthy patchouli. There is a citrus floral sharpness here that I like.

Jasmine Patchouli HoneyRose Serendipity! The best way to discover fragrances. I went to the local Sephora to test another Tom Ford "women's" fragrance, Black Orchid. All that I had read about it suggested it might be a nice masculine summer scent. NO! All I got was overpowering Gardenia, the most feminine of all notes to my nose...but that's another story. Right next to it was this beautiful bottle of White Patchouli. Not wanting to waste my trip, I spritzed a bit on both wrists...heavenly! Like ascending through the clouds to the gates of heaven. A lost scent from the Garden of Eden? If only the promise of that opening had been kept all the way through the drydown. I imagined a rich, chocolaty, resinous drydown. Instead, it turned to...glue? Yes, that's it. Glue. Tragic, really. This was one that I wanted to love, but it is a shallow beauty. Opening: Patchouli and Jasmine, two of my favorites. The patchouli is a relatively clean version, and the jasmine is subtle. There are some honey accords as well. Middle: Patchouli, Jasmine, and...ROSE! Not the synthetic, freeze-dried "rose" of Black Oud, but a solitary yellow rose next to a still pond. I Dry Down: Glue. Projection and and Longevity are both very good. Pros: wonderful opening notesCons: gluey drydown"

LOVE ! It's white flowers in disguise. It starts off with a very strong pungent blast to my nose and is kind of sterile and medicinal. Then it started to remind me of rubber or plastic, (like the smell of a doll baby?) Now if you don't panic and scrub this off, you will encounter a really clean,sexy smell. And that's how it will stay pretty much for the rest of the day. White Patchouli has great longevity on me, but it's the clean musk/ floral part that stays, not the opening. I think I enjoy this fragrance so much because I wasn't expecting Patchouli or anything really. I am a novice (not sure if I can pick out patchouli in a frag) I keep returning to my sample of this fragrance and I really want a full bottle. I even like the opening a lot more as well. Fans of Narcisso Rodriguez for Her (the only other fragrance I've ever owned) will like this one I think, if they can get past the interesting opening, which I've come to enjoy as part of the package.

I love wearing this and to me I get a strong hit of ginger when i first apply it that dries down to spices, florals, herbs and who knows what else. I love the ginger element that does stay true for a good hour or so , its so hard to find a good ginger fragrance.

The link of patchouli and bergamot with a touch of herbs and florals (especially rose) over an ambery base is  used to produce a sort of nobiliar, earthy, a bit angular and decadent vibe and i see that a touch of baroque decadence is even  performing in this ambery scent (above all at the beginning, despite derives in part from a touch of final incense placed in the base) although the smell is here not stuffy or vintage but substantially chic, rounded, synthetic and contemporary. I catch some similarities with Costume National 21 because of the White Patchouli's floral and spicy ambary-patchouli and its chic milky-soapy-synthetic whiteness. The ambrette seeds are a starring presence which exudes a sort of milky-nutty final vibe that is utterly nobilitated by an earthy and almost minty (coriander) patchouli. I catch the duo rose-peony in the air which is a bit wet, romantic and ethereal but slightly cool and fruity (a touch of ginger?).  The link of amber, aromatics, blond woods and white flowers imprints radiance and "whiteness" to the juice. A touch of honeyed incense closes the round and gives its contribute to the aromatic  and dusty air. The fragrance is pleasant and elegant but too much soapy (with a touch of detergent) to be located in the highest stages of the elegance.

I wanted to love this. It looked so good on paper. Sadly I didnt get much of the elements of patchouli I like, all I ended up with was a headache inducing scrubber. Morgaine in my opinion said it all really.

I love spicy scents like this one, with a nice touch of floral. Patchouli has a stigma where I live, but I think the floral notes blend so nicely with the patchouli that it isn't really obvious that that's what you're smelling, especially after dry down and on the right person. Usually not my pick for warm weather, but it was my pick today. I think it's normally soo yummy with a soft sweater and a great pair of stilettos for an evening out!

This scent has one of the best advertising campaigns ever in my opinion. Erykah Badu, just stunning. Well I wasnt expecting any subtlety with this one and a good job too. Like all of Tom Fords fragrances there is absolutely no subtlety. To me they are a bit like being slapped across the face by an alligator skin clutch, an experience I both hate and love all at the same time, craving it again and again! Along the same lines as Black Orchid, which I love. I really liked the patchouli note in this scent and was glad to see that the it takes centre stage as patchouli fragrances have been somewhat subdued in recent years. The scent does start to calm down a little some 10 minutes after your first spritz, thankfully, allowing the peony and jasmine to start blooming through giving the scent its 'whiteness'. Like all of Fords fragrances there is an omnipresent sweet,musky, spiciness to the overall timbre. These tones are represented by ambrette seed, coriander, incense and a hint of vanilla. The evaporation curve is sheer perfection, very even and very smooth which just emphasizes the overall smoothness this scent exudes.This fragrance, like all Tom Fords designs is ohh so very chic.

Even though I enjoy this fragrance, I was expecting something different from Tom Ford Black Orchid. To me White Patchouli seems similar. It contains the creaminess aspect but from a different venue; whereas Black Orchid's cream-smoothness comes from Vanilla, White Patchouli's is from Amberette seed and Amber. They both contain the following ingredients: Sandalwood, Bergamot, Incense, Mandarin and Jasmine too similar and yet totally deviating. White Patchouli smells of warm vinyl, rubbery-plastic [picture Barbie's skin] and dirty, Earthy white flowers not clean, pretty bouquets. This has the same animalic undertone as does Black Orchid but it's cameo appearance is intertwined with the florals.The sillage is close to the skin if worn sparingly, but ostentatious if spritzed generously. The longevity is excellent. I feel this fragrance can be worn by men as well as women [and I am a guy who enjoys this Eau de Parfum] if the guy has a strong self-worth and is confident. White Patchouli is a sensual fragrance worn with confidence. You can wear this to a dinner out, a black-tie affair, or on a romantic date; this is not a casual, weekend scent. Would I recommend this fragrance, yes...but to reiterate, one has to have a strong self-worth and confidence to pull it off.I also, recommend trying a sample first before shelling out the big bucks for a bottle because it's not for everyone.

I'm not particularly fond of White Patchouli on its own BUT mixed with Black Orchid, it really makes for a beautiful scent. I love it for the mixture with Black Orchid.

Notes include florals (bergamot, peony, jasmine, rose), spice (coriander, ambrette seeds), blond wood, incense, patchouliNot a bad scent – it starts quite well but runs out of steam at the end. The opening is a beautiful cloud of white floral notes, married with a rich citrus chord from the bergamot. The scent here is lovely, juicy, vibrant, lush but not heavy. It is a darling sort of scent, very attractive and romantic, and largely feminine. Then it moves into an interesting clean-soapy phase, with the coriander giving a fresh and woody aspect. The scent here is bright and fresh, and seems unisex to me. The dry-down is less interesting, being a light and sweet patchouli note, with predictably tangy and slightly nutty tones. This is not my style at all, but I can find some things to commend.

Definitely a Tom Ford, for it has this Tom Ford spicy base that most of his private blend line stuff also has.Floral patchouli, but definitely more floral than patchouli.