White Patchouli

Tom Ford
Givaudan

Where to buy White Patchouli

Reviews of White Patchouli by Tom Ford

There are 46 reviews of White Patchouli by Tom Ford.

A really complex smell that doesn't really do much for me. It's based on that popular mix of rose, patchouli, and sandalwood, but the patchouli is intensely green to the point that it comes off as medicinal and a touch rotten. Meanwhile, it's very mineralic and dry, almost dusty, like someone sprayed a rose perfume on a big, wet, moldy rock. But then it's also kind of plasticky or waxy, like paint fumes or even a touch of bleach.

In a way, I enjoy its sexy hip hop goth steampunk weirdness, needlessly dark and complex but still hot, like one of those music videos where a hot black woman is singing naked in an antique bathtub full of milk. As such, I appreciate it for its artistic statement, but I still feel like its sexy weirdness clashes with my personality enough that I don't really enjoy it.
Jul 1, 2019

An outstanding combo of ingredients! I cannot pick out bergamot but, everything else reveals itself, to me. Not too dry. Not too pungent. It's just right. It has a joyous amount of flower notes.

Happiness, is a warm patchouli.
Jan 28, 2018

This smells very special. It's light but intense. Fresh and sweet. Acid and soft. It just lacks some sillage for it to be perfect.
Dec 29, 2017

White crayon rose skank.
Real Housewives of Patchouli.
Plastic. Floral. Bliss.
Sep 15, 2017

Sometimes I apply scent to help myself feel more dressed and fully stimulated--to help myself sit up straighter. Other times, I use it to help myself feel more less constricted and more relaxed--to help ease my nerves. In those moments, I want something undemanding, something free of too much prissy femininity, something firm but quiet--and something, above all, predictable.

Lavender will do, as will vetiver, but sometimes the former becomes boring and the latter gloomy. Lately, I've added White Patchouli, which is becoming almost a daily ritual, something I use as a stimulant in the morning, or a signal that the hard part of the day is over.

I surprised myself when I liked this stuff, since I really didn't expect to find anything here. The idea of a "clean" patchouli seems oxymoronic, but this stuff works. It hooks a good, camphorated shot of patchouli that clears the head and cools the skin onto a dark rose that fades to a moist ambrette, which settles into a pleasant fug that hangs very close to the skin. In other words, it's a very dry, slightly tart update of a 70's rose chypre along the liens of Coriandre, with an emphasis the more aromatic dimensions of the patchouli and not a hint of the swamp. Not much happens, but not much needs to happen when something makes you feel so calm and stimulated at the same time.

White Patch is the opposite of thought-provoking. It's just a comfortable scent that feels welcome in the context where I wear it, because I'm usually getting out of or into pajamas when I put this on. (It's also the only perfume I can tolerate when I get migraines--and then I actually crave it--go figure). No grand statements here--just a sense of feeling at ease with the world, with a little retro vibe on the side.
Apr 28, 2016

My wife purchased WP about a month ago and I can always tell when she's wearing it. To me it's a pretty elegant and feminine patchouli scent that is pleasingly light. Owning several masculine patchouli fragrances, I find the WP composition an accurate and fairly authentic patchouli that has just enough floral note to sweeten it. It is somewhat linear, in that it smells exactly the same every time I smell it, same in the morning as in the end of the day. My wife does say it starts off a bit detergent like but settles into a sweetened patchouli after about 30 minutes. I like it and give it a Thumbs Up.
Dec 8, 2015

Show more reviews of White Patchouli...

Add your review of White Patchouli