White Musk

Illuminum

• saffron

Where to buy White Musk

Reviews of White Musk by Illuminum

There are 3 reviews of White Musk by Illuminum.

Kicks off with a westernized version of a traditional attar - rose and sandalwood made jammy with patchouli and given the illusion of both oud and leather with saffron. The musks underneath well up fairly quickly, a mix of clean soapy musk, full-on poop musk, and blackcurrant for rotting vegetal musk. By the time the musks take over, the leathery woody rose becomes a background source of sweet floralcy instead of the focus.

I'm torn about this. On one hand, I do like an unapologetic musk, but on the other hand, Montale's Aoud Cuir d'Arabie is my go-to ridiculous musk, and it's put together with considerably more nuance and detail than this. Ok, I'm voting neutral.
Jan 23, 2020

I rather like this. It has a strong bulgarian rose component and lots of woodsy notes. I don't find it either pointless, bland or synthetic. In my opinion it is a nice scent that would offend no one.
Oct 3, 2015

Pointless, bland and synthetic.
Dec 19, 2012