White Lilac & Rhubarb

Overall

White Lilac & Rhubarb  by Jo Malone London

About White Lilac & Rhubarb by Jo Malone London

Jo Malone London

Part of the 'London Blooms' collection.

Reviews of White Lilac & Rhubarb by Jo Malone London

There are 4 reviews of White Lilac & Rhubarb by Jo Malone London.

As with most scents, I only found this limited edition Jo Malone scent after it was discontinued. Of course I fell in love with it. It is a very feminine scent and with all the florals something I would not expect to be a favorite but it is. Maybe its the rhubarb that makes it so desirable to me.

I found the rhubarb note (at least I assume that's what it was) very distracting. It has a dull musty quality. Very vegetal, almost like something decomposing. I'm so glad I didn't buy this blind. The other thing I didn't care for was the opening which reminded me of toilet paper in the days before unscented was the norm.

This scent ended up reminding me of cigarette smoke. I am so disappointed by it.

White Lilac & Rhubarb is an eminently wearable lilac soliflore cologne. It is fresher, lighter and less sweet/less heady than Highland Lilac of Rochester. I get the impression that I am outdoors and the breeze carries over the scent of lilacs growing nearby-- not just the flowers but also the stems or leaves. The rhubarb note is a bit sharp on application but subsides within about 10 minutes. White Lilac & Rhubarb is an unobtrusive fragrance, yet 5-6 hours later I can still smell it wafting gently up at me from skin and clothing. I'm not a huge fan of Jo Malone generally but this is really nice. Too bad it's a limited edition-- I think it deserves to be part of the permanent collection.

Add your review of White Lilac & Rhubarb