Voleur de Roses

Overall

About Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur

L'Artisan Parfumeur

Reviews of Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur

There are 99 reviews of Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

Dangerously addictive and complicated. she is sultry and mysterious.draped in a deep blood red,backless,low cut dress with a dark red lip and sky-high heels. she captures a full blossomed dark roses bud.She may seem delicate like a rose, but look closer and you can see just how destructive she can get;her thorns will rip your flesh if you pose a threat to her.she walks toward the darkness as the midnight ink swallows her whole, only her sensual scent trail remains.

A velvety rose,as spiritual as it's sensual. dark,deep,earthy, provocative,luscious, oriental and opulent.this thing starts of as a huge bomb on me of roses,plum, then the most incredible thing happens, it turns into the most earthy&dark scent of strong patchouli with a hint of incense. it smells feminine to me,but i could see how it could be unisex/ masculine if your skin amplifies the earthy notes.this is a perfume for the evening.an intimate spent alone with your partner.the sillage is moderate to strong and longevity is good on my skin.
Jan 21, 2021

Fizzy. Buzzy. Deep floral. Old-fashioned, Victorian bouquet. Resinous, pronounced patchouli. Fairly linear for awhile. Becomes a gentler floral. Softens to a powdery rose, for me. Becomes dainty after time, barely discernable.
Mar 31, 2019

Unimpressive smokey rose. Three simple notes, which could be a masterpiece of a melody instead turns into the herbal area of a co-op shop. Reminds me of how my cousin, who joined the Rainbow People, smelled after having a toke in her seedy van parked outside and threw on some floral water. Longevity is in the gutter, which in this case was a blessing.
Mar 20, 2019

This is kind of gross. Smells like sourness and cumin/oud/b.o.
Really no roses at all. It's oddly compelling, but it doesn't stink purty at all. All of these rosy, glowing reviews are... not the truth for me.
Mar 18, 2018

Voleur de Roses.

Floral woods.

Rose and patchouli have gone hand in hand in perfumery since many decades ago. Voleur de Roses is a rose-patchouli, but unique in an overcrowded niche. There is a haunting melancholic quality to it, helped with a rose that's fresh, moist, dark and plummy - paired with an earthy, damp patchouli. Part of it hints at soil, but it is rather abstract. This is a perfume that tells a story. Someone came and took away the roses in bloom, just after the summer showers. All that's left are a few petals in the ground. Voleur de Roses - what a perfect name.

Like several other L'Artisans, I find Voleur de Roses to be a subdued fragrance. It has average duration on skin of about five hours, but sillage is rather muted after the first thirty minutes or so. Still, I'm still willing to ignore this in consideration of how charming and memorable Voleur de Roses is. Among other rose-patchoulis, Voleur de Roses smells vaguely similar to Czech & Speake's No 88, though the latter is more brooding, gothic and opulent. Voleur de Roses is elusive, and therein lies part of its attraction. Once the roses leave after about an hour, the dry down is a sublime floral-woods, faint and delicate.

Voleur de Roses is lovely to wear on rainy summer days. Unfortunately it might leave you before you'd want it to, but you'd long for it and want to go back to it. There are gazillions of rose-patchoulis on the market, but Voleur de Roses remains a rare specimen.

3.5/5
Jan 20, 2018

Voleur de Roses, thief of roses in English, is the fragrance of an elfstruck forest night, dark and mysterious and occult. It is one of the few perfumes you can find in Morticia's wardrobe. The patchouli here is a rough one, dark like moist fresh dug soil, and earthy is its smell as well. The rose is there from the beginning, but to me it is a rose that already starts to rot, giving the scent an overall impression of decay, even more than the patchouli already does.
The rose fades within the journey of this perfume, but never leaves completely.
I feared the plum before I first smelled it. But the (to me only slightly noticable) plum in here shares the dark aspects, that plums of older cultivated varieties sometimes share in their odor, a dark, almost earthy un-sweet fruitiness, not the commonly known note in perfumes nor comparable to the overbred plums found in supermarkets nowadays. And I thank Mister Almairac for this choice!
I suppose beta damascone has been used in here within the plum/rose accords, but am unsure to which amount? But I'd be interested which other materials would have been used to create this plum accord.

Surprisingly the sillage on my skin is quite heavy and it was well sensed (and complimented) by others, when I first wore it (in an Irish pub and later that night in a gothic club). By the votings of others in the databases found in the net and the often rather mild sillage of L'Artisan perfumes I didn't expect it, but am pleased about it.
The longevity is moderate though. If I had to pay the full price of 120€ I would not be satisfied with it but for the 39.90€ I have paid it is okay to re-apply.

I really like this perfume, time will show if I may even start to love it (but so far it's on the best way to reach that goal).
It is very different to another patchouli rose perfume created by Michel Almairac, Rouge Nocturne from Terry de Gunzburg, so don't be misled if you know the latter, they don't have that much in common, scentwise.
Another blind buy from L'Artisan I do not regret :)
Jan 17, 2016

Show more reviews of Voleur de Roses...

Add your review of Voleur de Roses