Une Fleur de Cassie
Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle (2000)

Overall

About Une Fleur de Cassie by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Reviews of Une Fleur de Cassie by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

There are 57 reviews of Une Fleur de Cassie by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle.

A cold salon at dawn in New York.
Melancholy wafts of flowers right before their wilting sets in. Used stockings thrown on a chair, a short sleep has set off their wearer. All windows are closed.
Within an hour a maid will enter the building, very softly.
Jan 4, 2020

If you bashed Rue de Cambon over the head, swiped all her credit cards, and forced her to live on the street for a month, she'd come back to her pied-à-terre dazed and enriched and smelling something like this.

I love this thick, densely florid, armpitty fragrance, but I have to be in my very best, most confident mood to be able to wear it for more than an hour, otherwise I am simply overpowered by UFdC's bombastic personality.

I am often not up to the task, but when I am, this is the only scent that satisfies.
Oct 9, 2018

I don't know it changed after the EL handover but i remember this one smelling stronger before.

Anyway, i feel it smells like rattan beach mats which i really love to smell, always reminds me of summer. However it is pretty weak. I apply it liberally like 8-10 sprays but after 1 hour it becomes a skin scent, I can hardly smell it.

I really like the smell but would never buy at that price level
Apr 3, 2018

An elegant, mature, totally feminine beauty, totally modern. White, silky lingerie worn all day by a woman from whom you cannot tear your gaze. Gwynneth Paltrow, Emma Thompson, and Marissa Tomei would all wear this perfectly.
Oct 25, 2017

I'm just not loving this one. I can't get past the stale, starchy, almost moldy notes of mimosa and carnation. This reminds me too much of Apres L'Ondee. I don't care for that one either.

If any other notes are here, I sure can't find them through the blinding, toxic twins. I will give it a few more wears to see if it has any redeeming qualities but....

I'm always tempted to scrub this one. This time I let it ride all the way through. It settles into a vanilla base. I thought I smelled a touch of rose or jasmine. I can't be sure.
Sep 12, 2017

DO NOT be fooled by that demure, powdery openning. It turns into a beast after drying down. I honestly wonder why they didn't put "musk" in the note.

Really, a little warning would be helpful: I feel like I'm about to marry lady Sansa, then find the Hound waiting for me at altar.
Aug 30, 2017

Show more reviews of Une Fleur de Cassie...

Add your review of Une Fleur de Cassie