Under My Skin
Francesca Bianchi (2017)

Overall

About Under My Skin by Francesca Bianchi

Francesca Bianchi

The name comes from a conversation with an artist, who told me this scent looks like coming out from the skin, and not being sprayed on. And actually it matched with this personal interpretation of the animalic theme: not loud but whispered, an elegant powdery leathery one, more human than animalic.

Reviews of Under My Skin by Francesca Bianchi

There are 3 reviews of Under My Skin by Francesca Bianchi.

Under My Skin is a soft and subtle leather and warm musk and light woods fragrance. There are many notes in the fragrance that are so well complimented or contrasted that you don't get much of any one thing but there are a variety of little interesting moments such as: grapefruit on top of ambergris saltiness; then a hint of rose for tiny spots of gentle radiance; all this is against a very pleasant iris leather for a hint of clean skin or lipstick suede leather. A beautiful soft and changeable interesting warm skin fragrance that every now and then shows moments of intrigue and mystery. UMS is truly unisex while still having a hidden but sexy presence. I would rate this 4 of 5 stars and highly recommended.
Jul 8, 2020

The opening (when I sniff close to skin) is odd and bordering on repulsive, but the scent around me makes me weak in the knees: a combination of a subtle soft sweetness and warm spicy skin...
UMS is so deep and rich, none of the notes jump out individually and I love that. You sense them all sparkling together in unison, creating a cloud of mat golden dust.

Longevity: 24 hours on me
Sillage: subtly swirling around the room
Projection: about 2, maybe 3 feet

Francesca Bianchi is a genius.
Dec 14, 2019

It’s criminal that this perfume hasn’t garnered a single review as yet – an oversight that must be corrected immediately.
Under My Skin belongs to a perfume family that I often have issues with – the leathers. They can tire my nose; they can make me smell unwashed; they can try too hard (revved up with spices); they can say to me: ‘Seek your pleasure elsewhere’. So good ‘uns are always cause for celebration.
Bianchi’s intention was to work on an animalic theme that was not too loud, more human animal than the beastie variety – and she gives us a perfume that is leather and yet like a second skin, dabbed with soft powders, with just small traces of salt to suggest previous exertions and rude health and with the most amazing bloom of orris at its heart, whose mild yet pervasive fatty sweetness is glimpsed fully at the opening and then merges back into the composition providing a steady, reassuring pulse. And then there’s ambergris – probably responsible for that lick of salt, but also a perfect complement to the orris, its glow subtly suffuses everything.
Under My Skin is a perfume that harmonizes perfectly with one’s skin, even reminiscent of its odour, and yet it’s a complex creation, silky smooth and full of suggestion. I particularly admire the gorgeous milky sandalwood that is by now so unfamiliar in perfumery, where more raspy avatars of this noble wood are the norm. There’s the gentle spicing supporting the main floral note – the naturally spicy carnation – and an array of balsams carefully deployed.
Under My Skin is the scent of human closeness, of touching, of lying next to a loved one, of the gentle caress rather than the carnal heave. Admittedly towards the end of the day, the resinous base becomes more evident as some of the other notes die back, as does the salt, bringing in a sultry aspect after all. Nonetheless, I commend it to you.

Feb 7, 2019