Un Jardin Sur Le Toit

Overall

About Un Jardin Sur Le Toit by Hermès

Hermès

Hermès say:

Un Jardin sur le Toit is a lively, edgy novella. This perfume describes a secret garden, nestled in the heart of the city in Paris. A hanging garden, perched on the roof of the house of Hermès, at 24 faubourg Saint-Honoré. An apple tree, a pear tree, a magnolia in the Paris air, along with a few self-seeded imposters, all making up this perfume of light and pleasure, enticing and full of laughter.

Where to buy Un Jardin Sur Le Toit

Reviews of Un Jardin Sur Le Toit by Hermès

There are 40 reviews of Un Jardin Sur Le Toit by Hermès.

The best of the Jardin series, IMHO. It is a modern take on Vent Vert (vintage) and Chanel 19, but not as 'formal' as No. 19 (which is my all-time favorite), and vintage Vent Vert is hard to find. Green, woody, and I find the 'fruit' notes to be more crisp than sweet. It is a very nice every-day scent, more feminine than masculine, but works as unisex. It has good staying-power, inoffensive and safe but still elegant - more of a spring/summer/hot weather scent. I like this a lot (and own a bottle), but there are tons of nice clean/green scents out there. It lasts longer than Jardins Sur le Nil or M. Li. I can't compare the other Jardins. I think Jour d'Hermes is better, but JSLT is very, very nice.
Jun 19, 2021

Même jardin sous le foin.

Sep 11, 2020

Opens with a sharp blast of tart, juicy green apples and pears sprinkled with a little sweetness. It quickly transitions, leaving a fruit forward, aqueous scent with more than a bit of dryness in the base. Gentle florals and green grass are present, just enough to give a whisper of garden breeze. There is a plant based papery note, adding to the dryness. Overall, I really like this scent…I wish I could fall in love. I love the dryness, papery-ness, the grassy-green goodness. Sadly, my body pulls the sweet and floral scents forward and they overtake the deliciousness in the dry down. I want them to balance or at least tip, ever so slightly, to the drier, grassy-green notes. It has decent staying power, four-five hours. The sillage is light to moderate.
Sep 8, 2020

This is a gorgeous fragrance. It smells fresh and green––I love that grass note. Perfect for spring and summer.
Jul 11, 2020

My favorite of the Jardin collection. Maybe it's because I prefer sweet scents over spicy ones. This is sweet, but freshly sweet, which makes it suitable for summertime.

I get the fruit notes and the magnolia, and strangely in the dry down, I get some kind of leather vibe, reminds me a little of Kelly Caleche. And actually this is the vibe i feel in most of Hermes perfume, maybe it's kind of the Hermes signature scent like Guerlain's Gerlinade. Still it's nice.
Sep 22, 2019

Perfect fragrance for chilling on the patio on a summer evening...kicking back with a plate of sliced pear and apple...the soft breeze blowing around the smells of the yard...the flower garden...the freshly cut and watered grass...a little touch of a nice hay like smell which i'm assuming is the compost note...a very pleasant experience...
Jul 31, 2019

Show more reviews of Un Jardin Sur Le Toit...

Add your review of Un Jardin Sur Le Toit