Tuvara

About Tuvara by Tuvache

Tuvache

Where to buy Tuvara

Reviews of Tuvara by Tuvache

A review of the edp of the original Tuvache Tuvara.

This is a delightful, soft, "light" oriental, halfway between Tabu (1931) and Youth Dew (1952), both of which it resembles mightily. The original Tuvara premiered in 1948.

A lovely mixture of Chamomile, Lavender, Myrrh, Labdanum, Vanilla and Musk.

Obviously, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Tuvara copied Tabu, but made it lighter. Youth Dew copied Tuvara, but added the depth back in.

If you like either Tabu or Youth Dew, you will love Tuvara.
Apr 22, 2014

Long Lost Perfume's version of this one's VERY nice on me! Rich, dark honey anchored in some spices and the flowers from a formal European garden. Not terribly long lasting, but lovely while it's there.
Nov 3, 2007

I had a sample of the original a long time ago, which I loved, and then spent years trying to find it again. It resurfaced at Long Lost Perfumes, but either my memory fails me or the formula has changed; the new version doesn't have the same depth. This is a spicy fragrance with woody and subtle floral undertones. Warm and somewhat heavy; better in cool weather.

Update Jan 12, 2011: You can find versions of the original Tuvache Tuvara on eBay (cologne and "skin perfume"); this is more like the Tuvara I remember -- a slight myrrh-like bitterness followed by layers of deep herbaceous/spicy goodness.

I also found Tuvache "Sumatra" in my eBay travels -- a slightly lighter, but still spicy, bewitching brew.
Nov 9, 2005

Show more reviews of Tuvara...

Add your review of Tuvara