The One for Men Eau de Parfum

The One for Men Eau de Parfum by Dolce & Gabbana

About The One for Men Eau de Parfum by Dolce & Gabbana

Dolce & Gabbana
Olivier Polge

The One for Men Eau de Parfum is a men's fragrance launched in 2015 by Dolce & Gabbana

Where to buy The One for Men Eau de Parfum

Reviews of The One for Men Eau de Parfum by Dolce & Gabbana

There are 31 reviews of The One for Men Eau de Parfum by Dolce & Gabbana.

What's not to like?
It is a formulaic spicy sweet boozy fragrance for men.
In relation to the EdT, this is sweeter and darker, more boozy.
There are several other offerings out there but that doesn't make this redundant.
It is one to have if you do not want any particular aspects of the formula highlighted.

An aroma-chemically tobacco. Designer-grade tobacco, essentially. It's blended alright, but there's always something that does this type of smell a bit better. This is why I don't reach for this anymore. The tobacco is more dominant than amber to my nose. Doesn't feel sickeningly sweet or anything too abrasive despite the aromachemically tobacco. I don't have a better way to describe it.

Performance is mediocre and feels closer to the skin. Perhaps it's the EdP concentration. This is good, but not great. It's still probably better than 70% of all the designers out there, but you're not missing out if you skip this one.

Horribly offensive synthetic mess in the opening. The dry down is marginally better but still generic and synthetic.

Yuk, definitely not The One.

3.9/10

The One EdP for Men has to be one of the most addictive scents I have ever come across. I have never liked sweet scents, but fortunately The One EdP is not excessively sweet by any means. Instead, it has become a really classy dumb-reach during the cold months.

The largely amber accord is accented with hints of ginger, grapefruit and cardamom which creates a heavenly mix of spice and ever-so-delicate sweetness. Tobacco, Orange Blossom and cedarwood complete the party, though I find these notes are not the loudest in the composition. The cardamom and ginger/grapefruit are much more pronounced and remind me of the same notes in Chanel's Pour Monsieur EdT (for the cardamom) and Creed's Original Vetiver (for the ginger/grapefruit). Obviously, being an amber scent The One EdP does not smell like either of these scents in their entirety; it does share these common notes.

Regarding the tobacco note, I have noticed many commenting that The One is a tobacco-themed scent. I largely disagree with this; the tobacco may be there but it is sooooo delicate, practically drowned-out by the other notes, that it may disregarded. I certainly wouldn't class it as a tobacco scent and get much more of a spiced amber accord than anything else.

Now to address the elephant in the room: longevity. As with any scent, if you are constantly putting sprays all over yourself, you will go anosmic to it very quickly. I got introduced to this fragrance through a generous decant. As I do with every new scent that I am trying out, I wore a maximum of one single spray each time and I never lost the scent trail once. Once I went through the decant, I quickly realised I hadn't had enough, so I knew it was time to buy a bottle - a huge 150ml size to be exact! I wasn't afraid to spray a bit more from the large bottle and quickly realised that a couple more sprays won't ruin it for me, so long as I am spraying away from my nose (i.e. not on the neck/chest area). The optimum number is 3-5 sprays. Surprisingly I get around 10 hours longevity and projection is a good couple of feet with my young children often telling me I smell nice before I get really close to them.

What a delightful, feel-good winter comfort scent this is! I can't believe it hasn't been on my radar sooner. It has become my 'go-to' scent for this winter season and I expect to be able to pull it off on summer nights as well.

The One EDP, is overall a great fragrance as far as it's an amazing scent with good (not great) projection, and a respectable performance in longevity.
This could easily be a neutral thumb, however, if it weren't for how absolutely delightful the scent is.
Opening with grapefruit, which i think actually lasts well into the mid, you're sooner greeted with ginger and cardamom in the mid, with the base taking over at about 1 1/2 to 2 hours in with notes of tobacco and amber.
I'm not a professional nose, but these are all highly present and amazingly blended. I just wish this sweet little frag would last a bit longer, as on my skin I only get about 4 hours of projection... but then again, it's perfect for making that someone special want to get a little closer!

A spicy hesperidic/herbal classic opening (strong on cardamom and basil) is the prelude to a following more exotic accord of sultry tobacco and spicy/orangy carnal amber. Cedarwood is definitely present providing "anchorage", structure and balance. The final amber/tobacco-accord conjures me intensely the original (more citric/aromatic and brighter) D&G Pour Homme's vintage formula with a stouter tobacco-presence before the reformulations. Unfortunately the orangy/cinnamonic flavour is in here overly powerful (and kind of "nutty-chocolatey") under my profane nose and this factor tends to hamper my full satisfation.

Show more reviews of The One for Men Eau de Parfum...

Add your review of The One for Men Eau de Parfum