The Absinthe Drinkers (Heirloom Elixir No. 23)
DSH Perfumes (2022)

LIMITED EDITION

Average Rating: Not enough votes  2 User Reviews

Overall

The Absinthe Drinkers (Heirloom Elixir No. 23) by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

About The Absinthe Drinkers (Heirloom Elixir No. 23) by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

DSH Perfumes

The perfumer says:
A bright, vintage inspired aldehydic green absinthe fragrance with the fluffy-sweet qualities of heliotrope, muguet, and wood violet in the heart, and an ambrette-y musk / warm skin accord in the drydown.

Reviews of The Absinthe Drinkers (Heirloom Elixir No. 23) by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

There are 2 reviews of The Absinthe Drinkers (Heirloom Elixir No. 23) by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz.

I love Absinthe themed fragrances and have several. I was hoping that The Absinthe Drinkers would be a worthy addition to my collection, but I must say that this perfume is more floral than it is absinthe based to my nose.

There is a slight absinthe in the very opening, but that fades quickly and is replaced by a very light floral aura that stays for the rest of the wear. I applied it in the morning and it lasted for around 10 hours, but it was mostly a skin scent during that time. I would say it had very slight projection for about the first hour and then became a skin scent that required putting nose to wrist to detect after that. Some people prefer their fragrance to project that way and if you are a minimalist with regards to projection and like light easy to wear florals with a hint of green then you should at least check this one out.

The main player for me was a lily of the valley presence with the initial absinthe note, slight aldehydes, light citrus, and a very, very slight green presence, perhaps from galbanum, but not pronounced in any way.

I'm going to wear this again and see if anything else stands out, but for now, this isn't a perfume that I will be pursuing further.

This is the first Heirloom fragrance I've purchased from DSH and now I'm wondering what else I've missed out on. This is an addictive bitter green fragrance reminiscent of Chanel No 19 Poudre but deeper and more layered. Obsessed.

Add your review of The Absinthe Drinkers (Heirloom Elixir No. 23)

No members currently have The Absinthe Drinkers (Heirloom Elixir No. 23) on their wishlist.

Members who own The Absinthe Drinkers (Heirloom Elixir No. 23)

No members currently own The Absinthe Drinkers (Heirloom Elixir No. 23).