Terre d'Hermès

Overall

About Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Hermès
Philippe Mouquet

Terre d'Hermès – meaning 'Earth of Hermès' – was launched in March 2006. Perfumer, Jean-Claude Ellena was inspired in the creation of the fragrance by the works of author, Jean Giono.

The fragrance features notes of orange, gunflint, flint, vetiver and benzoin. The bottle was designed by Hermès designer, Philippe Mouquet, and features an 'H' cut into the base of the bottle.

The fragrance was joined by a Parfum version in 2009, and more recently Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche in 2014.

Hermès say:

The history of an alchemic journey through the elements: earth, air and water. A woody, vegetal and mineral eau de toilette

Where to buy Terre d'Hermès

Reviews of Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Bottled conformity. Old man scent. Pure bureaucracy. It's not for me.
Aug 17, 2021

So this is yet another fragrance that I blind bought, and I was incredibly excited about this one. Having read and watched several online reviews, I had a feeling that, as a man in his mid-thirties who works in a corporate office environment, Terre d'Hermès would be a perfect fragrance.

Just got it today and I am wearing it as I am writing this. What can I say, really? This is everything I expected and then some. I fell in love with it instantly.

It's dirty and it's clean...it's heavy and vibrant...it's sweet/fruity and woody. It's paradox in a bottle, basically. And the true tour-de-force here is that Hermès made this all blend together and work so well. Damn, this 100% lives up the hype!

It is no breaking news that notes of orange and vetiver stand out in this one. Oddly enough blended together to create something that has both a hint of old school cologne and plenty of fresh, vibrant old orange smell.

Those that describe this scent as "dirty orange" probably sum it up quite accurately, although to me this doesn't feel dirty at all...not even rugged...it smells clean, strong and super manly. I was not familiar with the vetiver note, but I can tell now why it's mostly associated with men's fragrances...it's a very interesting note to my nose, and I'll sure look up some more scents featuring it.

Thus far, I find this to be relatively linear, although the orange and vetiver notes do switch seats through the drydown, with the orange note taking the passenger seat and vetiver taking the wheel...the grapefruit, patchouli and cedar notes are constants, sitting in the backseat, and hold this somewhat unusual combination of powerful orange and vetiver notes together, but more importantly, keep this scent fascinating from the moment you spray it on to a few hours later.

I literally can't stop smelling my wrist right now. I am seriously impressed with this product, which is an instant favourite.

Also, this has a niche aspect to it, without the steep price tag. Really, I can't say enough good things about Terre d'Hermès. This also performs quite impressively.

Phenomenal scent.
May 11, 2021

Its like sitting on a fresh cut Cedar log in a sawmill with a dirt floor while eating a juicy orange. This is masculine, mature, and classy. Longevity for an EDT is good at around 8 hours for me. I think this is a good year round scent though it maybe a bit challenging on warmer days in the summer.
Feb 4, 2021

In the Pacific Northwest Puget Sound area there are is no shortage of trees and a plethora of 'chainsaw carvers' that take wood and create just about anything(my folks had a life size Captain Ahab with lantern and a bear cub for some reason). Every September there is the Western Washington(Puyallup) Fair which is one of the largest and oldest in the United States. I remember many times going into the chainsaw carving area where there would be live demonstrations and of course many pieces for sale. Walking into the fresh sawdust and newly cut wood was simply intoxicating, fresh and aromatic. The best representation of that amazing scent...Terre D'Hermes! In fact I had forgotten all about that scent until I smelled TdH, and it was instant love and a guaranteed fave. My nose simply fixates on the wood without picking up much of the opening. One of the best fragrance discoveries I've had and worthy of all praise. Total thumbs up.
Sep 28, 2020

The world needs another review of Terre like it needs a hole in the ozone layer, so I'll keep it brief: citrus doesn't get much better than this. Immediate warmth and ongoing freshness. Yes, it does fulfil the "earth" brief. I don't think this will get old any time soon.
Sep 25, 2020

Some may think this is just artificial orange. But if so, it’s like Tang shot out of the barrels of Josey Wales’ pistols. It’s so classy in an era where so much isn’t. Want to feel like a million bucks? You can’t go wrong with this. Pure gold and a modern classic.
Aug 13, 2020

Show more reviews of Terre d'Hermès...

Add your review of Terre d'Hermès