Terracotta Voile d'Eté

About Terracotta Voile d'Eté by Guerlain

Guerlain
Robert Granai

Reviews of Terracotta Voile d'Eté by Guerlain

There are 17 reviews of Terracotta Voile d'Eté by Guerlain.

With my chemistry, this is a light, sweet carnation from beginning to end, which is what I was looking for. This is the loveliest carnation fragrance I've tried. And like another reviewer said, it's sweet, not spicy. Full bottle-worthy for me.
Feb 23, 2015

I purchased Terrracotta Voiie d'Ete recently more for its handsome retro bottle; I had no idea what it smelled like. I've grown to like it very much. It's very sweet but not sickenly so. In fact, I find it reminiscent of L'Heure Bleue which I find
overwhelmingly sweet especially when it veers into full-on-vanilla. TVd'E doesn't go down that road, but veers just in time into the foral spiciness of carnation.

It's not a high decibal fragrance, but sits gently on the skin: on cold, rainy days, it shimmers carnations and sunshine.

Although not one of the top tieir Guerlian creations, you'll be hard-put to find a more exquisite sweet carnation. If you prefer the dryer, clovey carnation this will not be for you. But, if you like, for example, Caron's Bellodgia, Terracotta Voile d'Ete just migh be your thing.

tv
Mar 27, 2012

I like carnation scents (peppery almost) but I am a bit unsure about this one. People seem to find the longevity weak and short but NOT ME and it's an eau de toilette...I dread to think how strong an eau de parfum would be. It almost gave me a headache...or maybe I already had the headache before putting it on. I'll have to try again maybe in the winter. It would break my heart to have to give it the thumbs down so I'll come back to this one in a while.

now that I have gone back to Voile d'Ete I can almost smell an Orange Liqueur or Grand Marnier (sorry if I'm not allowed to mention alcoholic drinks) in it or is it the colour deceiving me? Not as overwhelming as first time round but still heavy- or maybe because I don't like liqueurs.
Jun 5, 2011

Carnation. This gives off the aroma of flowers baking in the sun, like a garden in the summer. Very floral but IMO unisex. Unfortunately, for as wonderful as Terracotta Voile d'Ete smells, it does not last very long.
Mar 23, 2011

Terracotta recreates the arid beauty of pure red sand
sunbaked under a turqouise sky spicy texture of cinnamon adds to the dry earth Red carnation blooms
in the vastness of a barren dessert the warm dry air
blows across the horrizon reveals a scent of powdery sweet nuances iris turns terracotta sharp with a cold
metallic tinge it conjours a image of ancient pottery found in dark caves of the Southwest colorful Markings of a long forgotten tribute to some Maiden, Creator or earth goddess from a mysterious Civilization Nocturnal Jasmine grows out of tiny
creavasse of rock blooms an intoxicating green menthol scent, Rose opens the heart with an velvety
texture Warm Red Roses that hangs like vines of adobe
houses basking in the sunset Airy and powdery smell
of Vanilla steeps though the senses sweet and delectable, diluted white lily subtle and yet i noticed Her scent of sweet spiciness trying to come
though but it's drowned out by the more domineering
notes of Cinnamon Vanilla and Iris, Green mint brings freshness to Terracotta briefly relaxing but it doe'snt last long it flees quickly off my skin
sometimes i don't agree with the note cards some scents i can detect some scents is like finding a needle in a haystack and pear is one of them,

Terracotta maybe the first Fragrance to recreate the scent of nature without any synthtic artiface when it comes to Perfumery it does'nt use any plastic synthictics it smells like they choose the finest
ingrients to recreate the essence of Terracotta
Guerlain makes the Best of the Best.

Feb 10, 2011

to my nose this smells like a pile of red bricks. nasty! sniff before you buy this.
Feb 8, 2010

Show more reviews of Terracotta Voile d'Eté...

Add your review of Terracotta Voile d'Eté