Tam Dao Eau de Parfum

Overall

About Tam Dao Eau de Parfum by Diptyque

Diptyque

Where to buy Tam Dao Eau de Parfum

Tam Dao Eau de Parfum on eBay (Tam Dao Eau de Parfum by Diptyque)

Reviews of Tam Dao Eau de Parfum by Diptyque

There are 22 reviews of Tam Dao Eau de Parfum by Diptyque.

Similar to EDT but feels drier, more bitter and peppery. I actually feel like the opening is closer to Womderwood. As it dries down, it departs from the CdG and becomes more like the soft, cool, woody EDT of Tam Dao.

Decent projection and longevity. You can smell it on skin and even slightly in the air for most of the workday but it doesn't push out a huge cloud or fill a room.
May 28, 2021

Thumbs up, but not for wearing. I have a sandalwood fan that has lost its natural scent over the years. Tam Dao is a very realistic wood scent that is nearly the same as what the fan smell like (when you use the fan it wafts sandalwood at you) with an undercurrent of freshly sharpened Ticonderoga No. 2. Tam Dao is perfect for recharging my sandalwood fan.
Apr 29, 2021

Musky/creamy/spicy sandalwood (if not real sandalwood oil, the accord is done at perfection), with a subtle support of cedar and vanilla.
The performance is quite poor on my skin (I needed 3 sprays in a single spot to reach soft projection and barely 3 hours of longevity...). Real sandalwood oil has a quite subtle aroma, a dilemma for a perfumer. Here, the decision has clearly been made to keep it as the main player without crushing it with other ingredients, and probably without amping it up with synthetics either, to keep its purity. Might fit the bill for who looks for a linear 'scent bubble' kind of fragrance.
Who is looking for better value might want to go with a CdG fragrance (Wonderwood or Blue Santal) that are more synthetic smelling but also cheaper, with similar or better performance.
Overall an excellent sandalwood accord for a candle, but not really what I would call a perfume (as I would expect some development). Also, poor performance at Diptyque pricing doesn't help loving it and I cannot recommend that one, unless you get a great discount (but beware of the many russian fakes on ebay!!). Thinking that I paid half the price of this one for a tester of LV Sandalo makes the bill even more bitter. In a nutshell: just a like that gets downgraded to just ok because of poor performance.

Spring/Fall days, totally unisex, any age.

Mar 12, 2021

I love the scent. Its my favorite right know. You get citrus in the opening, then as it dries down you get sandalwood and cedar followed by lesser amounts of vanilla and coriander underneath. Performance is just OK, but WOW is this a nice frag!
Jan 21, 2021

Sandalwood EDP

Its a very sandalwood forward edp. Simplistic, boring. Yea, i suppose. But its nice. Its a nice sandalwood accord. There is only a shade of that pickle dust vibe, but its got cedar and amber in there. It doesnt try to go sweet. Unisex for sure. I prefer the EDT. There is added weight here, which atually helps, as the EDT is a bit light, but this one becomes a bit more muddled. Its got a natural feel and smell to it. Not harsh. Neutral.
Sep 6, 2020

The listed notes make this perfume sound a lot more interesting than it is on my skin. To me, it smells generic and dull. Pleasant, but the kind of scent that non-perfume people think of as "smelling like perfume."
Jul 4, 2020

Show more reviews of Tam Dao Eau de Parfum...

Add your review of Tam Dao Eau de Parfum