Tabac 28
Le Labo (2019)

Overall

About Tabac 28 by Le Labo

Le Labo

Exclusively available in Miami.

Reviews of Tabac 28 by Le Labo

There are 2 reviews of Tabac 28 by Le Labo.

I've gone back and forth on this. Basically, there's a real nice cigar note here, but I wish it didn't have to fight quite so hard with the (synthetic) cedar that I imagine is meant to emulate the cigar box and/or a rum cask. Fortunately, the stogie outlasts the wood, at which point it becomes more enjoyable. I'm not sure it warrants Le Labo's City Exclusive price tag, but it's a nice alternative to the pipe, cigarette, and raw tobaccos featured in most other scents in its category. I'll at least use up my sample; where I go from there depends on whether it's ever discounted or instead becomes an even pricier unicorn.
Sep 14, 2021

I'm wearing a bit on my forearm right now, which my neighbour sprayed on me. He just bought the 50ml bottle which tops $400 CAD after tax. It's really nice, and if it were not so ridiculously overpriced I would probably get it. He also introduced my to palo santo wood as an incense, and this is giving me some of that smell. Maybe why he likes it so much. It has an interesting woody accord that's nicely done with some nice complexity. In the opening I got a rubbery aspect, maybe from vetiver. Almost smells like patchouli, then lemony, green cardamom adding some freshness. A pleasant mild, soft woody fragrance but not worth the price unless you really love it.
Sep 16, 2020