Sung Homme

Alfred Sung
Pierre Dinand

Where to buy Sung Homme

Reviews of Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

There are 81 reviews of Sung Homme by Alfred Sung.

For a tenner I suppose this is okay. I really want to like it, but there's something just a bit too synthetic about it. I take it out once or twice a year expecting it to be better this time but it never seems to get better. Too bad because I really like these types of scents. I enjoy the scent of Palmolive soap, and often shave with a Palmolive soap stick. I follow that up with the 'green' Aqua Velva Sport from Canada, and then some Sung Homme. All in the same family. But the Sung Homme detracts more than it adds, I'm sad to say. I also use Sir's Irisch Moos cologne, which is a slight improvement on the Sung Homme. Perhaps a bit more spice than the SH.
Oct 18, 2021

I have the 1.7 ounce bottle of the original/vintage purple juice that's "Made in Canada." It definitely has that clean, barbershop scent about it with more of a spicy focus than soapy. It smells good, not great; performance is good, not great; it's inexpensively priced; and it does not smell like Irish Spring soap (closer for that would be Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland). It's an easy blind buy. I'm likely not going to replace my bottle when it's empty as I already have other "barbershops" that are just better overall.
Jun 14, 2021

Smells like Irish Spring soap. It's great.
Mar 8, 2021

Awesome opening, Drakkar Noir with a lot more soap. Unfortunately this deteriorates fast and begins to smell cheap and fake after just about an hour. It's what differentiates it from much better soapy devils like Patrick, and Infusion d'Homme.

If you want something super soapy and clean, but don't have more than $20 in your pocket, then this will tickle that fancy. I'd assume the vintage versions provide us with a smoother and more natural dry down, just like every single other men's fragrance in vintage form, from this era.
Feb 5, 2021

I bought the high praised older made in Canada bottle from the parent company Riviera Concepts with the darker purple juice.

I gave it a try and let it develop on my skin for more than 4 hours.

And this smells cheap and synthetic from topnotes to drydown.

After an hour there was a 10 minute timespan when it smelled almost o.k.

And that's it!

This is the cheapest smelling scent i have encountered in the last decade.

Yes it smells soapy, but in a very bad way.

Some describe this as a scent for a well dressed Wall Street kinda guy back in the 80's with a brick cellphone and a Armani suit.

Forget about it.

It smells like a pushy underpaid door to door salesmen in a polyester suit.

You were warned!
May 25, 2020

One of my favorites right here. Yes, similar to Irish Spring but has an amazing, clean, and soapy vibe on the dry down. Aslo, much more of a winter scent for me, has hints of Christmas spice in it.
Jan 29, 2020

Show more reviews of Sung Homme...

Add your review of Sung Homme