Soleil Blanc

Overall

About Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford

Tom Ford

Reviews of Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford

There are 12 reviews of Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford.

Soleil Blanc is very ill-suited for me. It was a blind buy based on how easily I wear Black Orchid and Noir Pour Femme. Once I use up my travel atomizer I am never looking back. The coconut is overwhelming for me.
Apr 9, 2021

I rather enjoyed this one. Based on a single wear but rather delightful and enjoyable. The suntan lotion dry down brings me back to the 70s suntan lotions of my youth. Lasted 10 hours and opening was nice but quickly heads to the fantastic drydown. Didn't feel too feminine at all(completely unisex) Not very vesitile but on a sunny Va Ca tion perfect. Fantastic beach , cruise , pool scent. With many in this category this pricey ones worth a try for sure.
Dec 26, 2019

The obvious comparison to sun cream is there, but Soleil Blanc is something more too. It comes off practically edible in a way sunscreen isn't, maybe it's the pistachio. I consider it a gourmand, a thick sunscreen whipped cream.

Lacking the citrus of the EDT, this does sit closer to the skin. But that thickness keeps it on the skin a little longer, a good trade-off for hot weather. Would I like stronger projection at this price point? Sure. But nothing else out there smells quite like it. A favorite for sure.
Dec 26, 2019

The sunny name might make one expect to experience an opening full of brightness, but the bergamot-brightness is attenuated by a spicy, cardamom-peppery undertone.

The drydown adds a good dose of a green-ish jasmine, that is given extra sweetness by ylang-ylang. The is a hint of a light tuberose present that is lacking any waxiness or raisinous features.

The base turns it into a vanilla-coconut-laden sweet melange, with undertones of benzoin and slightly musky hints.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and six hours of longevity on my skin.

A bit more intensive that its Eau de SB flanker, is also tries to conjure up sun tan associations. Overall not bad but rather generic in general and hyper-generic in the base. 2.75/5.
Apr 27, 2019

A faceful of exotic suntan lotion!!! Creamy, tropical, warm weather friendly EdP best suited for women, but doable for the adventurous man.

Light florals and coconut dominate this wonderful, distinctive potion from Tom Ford. You almost want to take the liquid and rub it on like from a tube of Bain de Soleil, that's how hot sun and swim-ready Soleil Blanc smells!!
Aug 17, 2018

This reads to me like a lighter, sunkissed version of Tom Ford Black Orchid, which I love. I've actually had a couple of people mistake the scent for black orchid towards the end of a full day's wear. I might actually love soleil blanc even more! I mostly pick up the lovely combination of vanilla-y benzoin, tonka bean, and wonderful wafts of coconut with maybe a touch of cardmom's spiciness. I have only tried a sample of this during the winter months, it's a wonderful pick me up on a cold winter day, as it is evocative of warmth and tropical locales. I plan to purchase a larger sample come summer, when I think this scent will be a favorite to reach for.
Mar 18, 2018

Show more reviews of Soleil Blanc...

Add your review of Soleil Blanc