Snake Oil

Overall

Snake Oil by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

About Snake Oil by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Reviews of Snake Oil by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

There are 12 reviews of Snake Oil by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

One reviewer above comments that "it makes me feel like a dirty child gorging on marshmallows in front of a campfire". I think that's a very fair assessment - and for anyone who has not yet experienced the joy of tossing away the tuxedo, shredding the opera tickets and living in the moment (by which I mean getting smashed around a fire at a music festival with your dearest friends), I heartily recommend trying this scent!

For my personal taste Snake Oil is a little too sweet and not grounded enough, but it's also famous among BPAL fans for developing differently on everyone, and remains the Lab's top selling fragrance. BPAL are not a house of sophistication and urbanity, they are a house of glorious, subversive individuality, and Snake Oil is an icon of that style.

I was very dubious about trying this. But I managed, finally, to get an Imp sized bottle to try. The label that was on the bottle smelt very sweet. I could definitely smell the aroma of Vanilla along with a very old musky smell to it. I also noticed after wearing for a few days that it smells slightly different every time I wear it, which is very intriguing. Depending on what your specifically looking for, it has all the qualities I wanted...something totally out there, that most people don't know about. A mysterious scent that nobody instantly recognises. But try not to put to much on. Though judging by it's current exclusiveness, I have stopped wearing mine for the time being because it's proving to be very hard to get.

This perfume is okay but when I wear it people ask if I have baby powder on. I prefer perfumes that actually smell like perfume. However, I can still see some similarities with Shalimar, and I can understand why it might be mistaken for that fragrance. Personally, I like Shalimar more though.

Snake Oil is a beatifully rich, sweet and musky blend that gets better and better as it ages. It's an addictive scent that has me huffing at my wrists whenever I wear it. It's seductive and commanding - a real 'notice me!' scent. Beautiful.

Show more reviews of Snake Oil...

Add your review of Snake Oil