Slow Explosions

About Slow Explosions by Imaginary Authors

Imaginary Authors
Josh Meyer

Reviews of Slow Explosions by Imaginary Authors

There are 11 reviews of Slow Explosions by Imaginary Authors.

I love this one, which is a shocker, because it contains notes that I don't normally gravitate towards.

This one is all about rose, saffron, and leather to me. the opening is a smokey vanilla, rose, saffron and oud. The oud smell is just a very clean leather, I mean, it has to be.. There's a dark hazelnut or caramel sort of accord, and I also get a menthol or camphor like accord in the opening too. It is indeed polarizing, and opens up with a lot going on, hitting me in many ways, with many facets.

I don't think this is the typical rose/oud combo. It's also ridiculously strong in the opening, and even for the first 2 hours. This one is and eventual buy for me.

I think it's not as popular because, although it is unique, it's just not strange enough for the typical Imaginary Author fan. This and Saint Julep have been 2 of the only ones I would consider completely wearable from start to finish.

Side note, this does contain the signature Imaginary Authors burnt sugar accord.
Apr 11, 2021

It really really reminds me of rose/oud, but it isnt listed as a note. I think its the leather and rose/apple.
The opening gives a blast of apples and the drydown is more leather and leather. It kinda reminds me of Dzing! Leather with a bit of interest
Mar 12, 2021

Apple opening then blending in with a jammy rose and cashmere leather. The apple alone was o.k., but with the rose and leather it is off-putting. Nothing like Tuscan Leather IMO, and smells to me more like a sour wine soaked leather. The rose is odd smelling as well and it's pretty loud for just two sprays from a 2ml sampler. I didn't care for it anymore after a second wearing and a single spray. Just not my style.
Feb 18, 2021

Starts off with a really strong apple note. I've heard it compared to Calvados and Braeburn apples both of which are accurate descriptions. There is a really strong white wine note on my skin, which is a bit off-putting.

There's a good rose note similar to Turkish Delight and a boozy sort of leather which reminded me of drinks that are flavoured with "bourbon whiskey".

It's an interesting concept and is skilfully formulated. It's just not for me. Price in the UK (2020) is £90 for 50ml which is OK value for a niche fragrance.
Sep 9, 2020

Someone else described it as a jammy rose and "jammy" is definitely the right word. That sticky fruity facet reminds me of a fig newton. Or more specifically, a warmed-up fig newton in a leather purse full of roses. Overall it doesn't do a ton for me, but to be honest few rose scents do. Nonetheless it's definitely an interesting scent and I can see people liking it if they're into rose.
Jul 22, 2020

Opens with sharp apple, rubbing alcohol, and leather. It’s fruity, bitter and dry. So much leather!

The alcohol is mostly gone after 10 minutes, but the apple and leather remain. It’s not my thing, but it’s intriguing. I can appreciate what the perfumer was trying to do.
Feb 24, 2020

Show more reviews of Slow Explosions...

Add your review of Slow Explosions