Silver Mountain Water
Creed (1995)

Overall

About Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Creed

The adventurous Silver Mountain Water evokes sparkling streams coursing through the snow-capped Swiss Alps, a bracing landscape in which Olivier Creed, a championship skier, finds relaxation and renewal.

Reviews of Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Green tea & black currant with strong metallic notes...on my skin, I get mostly metalic black current with a little green and citrus. Fairly linear. Stronger than VIW, but nowhere near Aventus.

Not a fan of the metallic note and something about the dry down doesn't agree with my kin. Pretty meh, especially considering the price.

7.0/10
Jul 19, 2021

Pleasant and fresh but nothing special considering the price. In fact close up something jars which seems to be a sour citrus mix. So I would not buy it. Would I wear it if someone gave me a bottle? Only if I ran out of Milesime Imperial!

Fragrance: 7/10
Projection: 7.5
Longevity: 7.75
Oct 30, 2020

SMW really was the spark that revived my sense of smell and made me realize just how much I had neglected it for decades. My job required me to visit homes, thousands of them and I subconciously became anosmic. Food, mold, pets of all sorts will do that.

Silver Mountain Water(1995)
Tea, Blackcurrant, musk. Those notes stand out to me and the metallic/inky reference is there. It isn't macho, isn't bright and loud, but has a sophisticated subtle depth. It is a unique unisex fragrance that isn't for everyone, but deserves to be experienced. Thumbs up
Oct 2, 2020

Now this is a 10/10 , just wow.
The scent to me is a very airy clean and crisp musk and mandarin , i can kind of see what people mean by saying it has a “metallic vibe” (most likely musk)
Its musk is very beautiful three dimensional musk , very airy , delicate, clean , and sophisticated .

To me SMW is all about the musk and mandarin , at first i get a blast of tasty citrusy mandarin , seconds later the musk joins it making this beautiful symphony.
Neither note dominate the other , they work hand in hand just as their dancing together.
Hours later when it Dries down , the mandarin is more subdued, the musk stays almost the same .

On me SMW is all about the intoxicating sillage , can’t smell it directly on my hand , I can’t force it to do its show , it’s the master of the show , hours later (5-6) when i think it died , i get whiffs of it and continue to do the same for a long time .
Rating :
Scent : 10/10 (unique and very high quality, clones don’t stand any chance)
Sillage : 10/10 (this is the best sillage of a fragrance ever IMO)
Projection : 8/10 projection lasts a very long time (5 hours later i get a compliment)
Longivity: 9/10 (at least 8+)
May 31, 2020

Creed Meh

Its bland. Its got the same base as Original Santal, a combo of musk and "sandalwood" that gives it a fresh laundry feeling. They are like different scented dryer sheets. This is Normal, and OS is fruity. Its a Creed, and smells good. Fresh. They use good quality ingredients that do a good job sticking around. Just doesn't excite me. Neutral.
May 22, 2020

About a year ago I bought my husband a Creed sample set. Out of the entire box Silver Mountain Water has been the most worn, which is saying quite a bit - he's the type that likes to 'save' the expensive perfumes for special occasions. In his view SMW just 'smells really good'.

I find SMW such a complex yet also simplistic perfume, which may outright be a contradiction. The blackcurrant is done marvelously well, none of the Ribena vibes, instead more of a preserve or light berry in the distance. Nothing really overpowers the other, all the notes work in harmony.

This one I plan to put on my next 'must buy' list.
Dec 31, 2019

Show more reviews of Silver Mountain Water...

Add your review of Silver Mountain Water