Shooting Stars : Dhofar

Overall

About Shooting Stars : Dhofar by Xerjoff

Xerjoff

Reviews of Shooting Stars : Dhofar by Xerjoff

There are 4 reviews of Shooting Stars : Dhofar by Xerjoff.

I have a sample of the oil, and it's very usual for a masculine fragrance. Nothing to hate, but nothing impressive either.
Jul 8, 2020

Looking at the note pyramid I said "oh, oh" Way too many notes competing. First smell floral, citrus, powder, pine. Dry-down took a powder note which disappoints me. It's not dissonant, but it does have too many competing notes.
Jul 15, 2017

Horses for courses, I guess. I don't find it ugly or unbalanced at all.

Opens with a lavender/pine/herbal note that is downright minty (carnation?) and very uplifiting. So well blended the combination is not identifiably lavender or identifiably pine on me. Very superior ingredients. Adds up to a very classy and elegant scent. Not super-unique, it's basically a traditional masculine fougere, but better than most all. I don't get the cumin that some seem to, but it does have a spicy/floral base.

I haven't yet decided that I love it, but I do like it a lot.
Dec 31, 2013

Dhofar's opening lavender/coriander/pine accord is one of the ugliest and most unbalanced I've happened to experience on a masculine fragrance. It's just like seating on a piano keyboard and listen to the sound. Loud, cacophonic, anything but armonic. Unfortunately things don't get any better as Dhofar turns into a messy and overly soapy drydown. Meh.
Mar 1, 2012