Shalimar Eau de Parfum

Overall

About Shalimar Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

Guerlain
Raymond Guerlain

Meaning 'Temple of Love' in Sanskrit, Shalimar is an oriental fragrance with notes of bergamot and vanilla.  Jacques Guerlain was inspired to create Shalimar by the story of Indian Emperor, Shah Jahan, who created a beautiful garden (called Shalimar) to please his queen.

Where to buy Shalimar Eau de Parfum

Reviews of Shalimar Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

There are 232 reviews of Shalimar Eau de Parfum by Guerlain.

One reviewer described their experience with Shalimar as lemon and kitty litter. Several other reviewers opined that the current formulation has been bastardized. In my opinion both sound about right. I also had angry red welts appear in the precise shape of where the spray hit my arm.
May 25, 2021

Cacophonous opening of a very harsh bergamot with herbal rosemary and other notes that carefully evolves into the most transporting, bewitching and seductive oriental scent ever. My favorite part of Shalimar is after the florals where a gorgeous rich, resinous amber rises to mix with the creamy, lemon-tinged vanilla, a hint of vetivered leather underneath -- it is TO DIE FOR! Whenever I wear this, I feel blessed.
Dec 26, 2020

Endless accolades have been written about this sublime perfume and with good reason. The legend was well known to me prior to my first trial spray at the Guerlain perfume counter. I’m not going to attempt to add much to the many excellent and detailed descriptions which exist here. Classic, exotic, luxurious, complex and with a lovely, gentle, warm and spicy dry down which lasts for hours afterwards.
The love affair soon established, I now own a bottle of vintage (1960’s) perfume and a vintage edc and know that I will always have them in my collection. IMO it’s very well worthwhile hunting (and paying extra) for the vintage versions.

Tired of sampling (and scrubbing off) the vicious new reproductions of classic perfumes (bearing little or no resemblance to the original versions), I felt a nostalgia for those I remembered as a child, such as Joy de Patou, Hermès Calèche, Arpège, Givenchy III.

Shalimar has always been marketed as a women’s perfume and as such I was not at all comfortable about trying it, but that reluctance soon vanished. I would agree with those who say that Shalimar is an acquired taste, but don’t give up, it’s really worth persevering with. I find that it’s entirely wearable for a man (particularly in the evening). The compliments I receive from both men and women confirm that. Tiny drops suffice. For me, it’s not an everyday perfume by any means but worn as an occasional evening treat, it’s hard to beat. My advice is to let it settle for a while before going out. In a word, it’s heavenly.

10/10 in all respects.

Dec 6, 2020

No Thank you.

I'm glad i only got a 30 ml decant.

The only thing i remotely like about it which kinda gives it the benefit of the doubt on my skin is the opoponax note which summoned a little hope during the very "dated" development on my Generation X's skin.

Incense barely peeking in the drydown, just barely and i mean barely.

I was going to give it to my mom but then i reconsidered since this would also smell too dated on her.

"Some things are better left in time....and in time is where they belong"

Dec 5, 2020

Tried sample of Eau de Toilette in small set; nice longevity and hints of wonderful scents and notes that don't QUITE reach fruition. Definitely going to try as EDP.
Oct 8, 2020

Until today I have never owned Shalimar, the pillar perfume. I've tried it, hundreds of times, always the EDP and decided it wasn't for me. I own Parfum Initial, L'Eau, Eau de Shalimar, Batwing Shalimar Cologne and the 2015 version Cologne. My favourite is Cologne 2015 and I ordered what I thought might be a replacement bottle that was headed EDT/Cologne. Yes, I thought, that's it, Shalimar Cologne 2015 at EDT strength. It was the EDT that arrived. I had factored that in as an eventuality and I sprayed it on, layered with a bit of the Batwing bottle Eau de Cologne (made for the U.S. market in the U.S.A) and it's very nice, I will use it, but I love the Cologne 2015 as it is closest to Shalimar Eau Legere (DISC) Are we all sufficiently confused now? I haven't even mentioned the Madagascar or the Mexique. There is no escape from Shalimar.
Nov 28, 2018

Show more reviews of Shalimar Eau de Parfum...

Add your review of Shalimar Eau de Parfum