Sensuous Nude

About Sensuous Nude by Estée Lauder

Estée Lauder

Where to buy Sensuous Nude

Reviews of Sensuous Nude by Estée Lauder

There are 5 reviews of Sensuous Nude by Estée Lauder.

Lightly floral. Semi-sweet. Pops of crushed spice.

Becomes both creamy and velvety. Flowers meld into the bouquet. Slight drink of honey and coconut. Amazing musky notes. Pure femininity, here. Coconut increases with time.

Musk is prevalent throughout. It's of the light 80's variety, IMO. It's soft and gentle.

This flows into a melodic mix of notes. Powdery, slight woodsy, ambered-vanilla accord. It's an overall, well-done Lauder. It would make a great gift for a perfume novice. I like. A. Lot!
Sep 30, 2019

A fruity opening - sweetish - with a slightly orangey undertone dominates the top notes.

The drydown some adds two main streams of development: (1) a floral side, with muguet being quite strong, combined with a bit of jasmine and a somewhat bland rose impression. (2) A concurrently developing coconut aroma, that gradually gains in exposure and lasts deep into the later phases. Both work quite well together.

The base adds - what a surprise! - vanilla again, which is not really a stroke of originality, combined with slightly honeyed woodsy accompaniments that fade out towards the end.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and eleven hours of longevity on my skin.

The major creative achievement of the spring scent is the unusual use of the coconut. The major drawback is the regrettably generic nature of the rather synthetic ingredients.

Nude? Certainly bare of any natural goodness. 2.5/5.
May 22, 2017

As a fan of EL's Sensuous, this one was a bit of a shock to the system. It's neither a proper flanker of Sensuous, nor is it "nude," at least how I define it.

What it is about, for me, is coconut, beginning to end. Not the bombastic coconut of Versace's Bright Crystal Noir, nor the oily/milky coconut of suntan lotion, but a relentless coconut with a drizzle of honey and a whisper of sandalwood.

While I love to eat coconut, I do not want to smell like one.
Sep 2, 2016

Sensuous Nude is by no means the most interesting fragrance out there - but it's very wearable and enjoyable. If you're looking for a great summer fragrance that's not in the citrus department, this is worth checking out. Every time I wear it, it reminds me of the beach at sunset: musky, tropical, soft, inviting.

SN opens with soft citrus rather than the sugary or bright/sharp kind often found in summer fragrance openings. I also get coconut immediately; not the suntan-lotion variety, but something a little more refined. There's also a touch of spice, balancing out the softness and gentle sweetness of the coconut/citrus. Later, sandalwood and musk join in and, with the coconut still lingering, form my favorite part of the fragrance. I get coconut through the opening and midnotes, and after a few hours a lightly spicy musk/sandalwood base. It's a very good casual fragrance, and perfect for summer nights. Silage is good and longevity is moderate. I get 5-6 hrs.
Jun 10, 2012

I have tried this once. It was soft, musky, nutty and woody. Surprisingly I found it to be similar to L'Artisan Bois Farine. Bois Farine is edgier, Sensuous Nude lacks the pencil shavings aspect of Bois Farine. They resemble each other most in the soft, nutty drydown.
Mar 13, 2012