Sécrétions Magnifiques
Etat Libre d'Orange (2006)

Overall

Sécrétions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d'Orange

About Sécrétions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d'Orange

Etat Libre d'Orange
Antoine Lie

Sécrétions Magnifiques is a shared scent launched in 2006 by Etat Libre d'Orange

Reviews of Sécrétions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d'Orange

There are 112 reviews of Sécrétions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d'Orange.

Yeah, no. I mean, sure, challenge everything. But this isn't worth my time. It tells me nothing, reminds me of nothing. It's just unpleasant.

Fragrance in three words: Salty, Jizzy Aldehydes

I've been curious to try this since I first heard about it. There's no doubt it is controversial and divisive. It's also in the line of "anti-perfumes" which are based around a concept. Sécrétions Magnifiques is designed to smell like bodily fluids: blood, semen, sweat, skin.

Tania Sanchez nailed it in her review in 'Perfumes: The Guide' by describing it as "like a drop of J'Adore on an oyster". I don't find this revolting though, nor do I love it as much as Luca Turin.

Starts off with a pungent salty note, more so than the one in Zoologist's Squid (2019) or 90s Aquas. A note which smells as close as is possible to fresh wet semen takes over. I can see why people find this unpleasant.

During the later stages I get incredibly beautiful chemical aldehydic flowers recalling Chanel No. 5 (1921), Joy (1930) and the aforementioned J'Adore (1999). It's nowhere as beautiful as these fragrances, but it recalls the Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, Iris and Muguet notes. Dries down into milky, sappy feminine sandalwood.

Price in the UK is £85 for 50ml and is part of ELDO's standard clear bottle range. This puts it on par with fragrances by Parfumerie Générale, Imaginary Authors etc. Average value for a niche.

Sillage was moderate with projection above hugging distance, but far from massive. Longevity was around 6 hours.

Scores a 10 for concept, but 7 for the actual fragrance. Personally I wouldn't get enough use out of it to own a big bottle, but I love the creativity and think it has an ugly beauty to it.

Source: 1ml Sample (Bloom)

It's not compelling or challenging. It's not complex or multifaceted. Nothing human at all. The only thing here is screeching chemicals designed, from what I can tell, to bring on an immediate nausea/headache. Deeply unpleasant with absolutely no redeeming qualities.

And that's why, maybe, it's art? Come to your own conclusions about what it means for a perfume called "Sécrétions Magnifiques" to be not only devoid of everything it promises, but a literal assault on physical well-being.

Need to sample rating: 0/10.

if there was a such thing as a "human musk" fragrance, this would be it. its supposed to mimic the scent of blood sweat and semen, so you cannot expect a bed of roses. and if you think "its just a clever marketing ploy" like i did, you will quickly realize you got exactly what you paid for with the first whiff. its bodily, explicit, and downright filthy. it is also very strong, and has long staying power. however, i greatly enjoy SM. to be honest, its not good when smelt in the bottle or on a piece of paper. if over applied, it reeks. but when applied sparingly on clean skin, and the air carries it, its less "in your face", actually quite sexy and while odd, its odd in a good way. as for the exact scent, its hard to describe. its kinda metallic, kinda salty, and very bodily. that's really the only words i can put to it, and i cant compare it to any other fragrance because there is none out there like this as far as i know.

"Turn away! It's hideous!", that's what my brain said to me every time I tried to smell my wrist. This isn't perfume, in my book. It's DNA swabs taken from some suspicious derelict accused of probably some god-awful crimes.

Dried blood. Severely unwashed scalp and hair. Heaven knows what else. I just couldn't bring myself to smell anymore of this sh*t, any longer. It was scrubbed off within 7 minutes. I tried to give it a fair shake.

Too weird even for me - and I am Very open-minded.

This is gross. The smell up close nearly makes me nauseated. It doesn't smell like any bodily fluids I can't think of. I saw the reference in the previous review to a wet dog, and that's a better description than anything I'd come up with.

From a distance, it's not so bad, but up close it smells sickening. The nasty aroma chemical in this seems to wear close the skin. The smell from a distance and deep in the dry down is soapy.

Show more reviews of Sécrétions Magnifiques...

Add your review of Sécrétions Magnifiques