Sauvage Elixir

Sauvage Elixir by Christian Dior

About Sauvage Elixir by Christian Dior

Christian Dior

Perfumer François Demachy:

I wanted to remain true to the decisive notes of Sauvage, while bringing them to an unprecedented density.* To attain this power, I chose to pare its architecture down to the bare essentials. The trail of this elixir is surprisingly deep and dense.

Where to buy Sauvage Elixir

Reviews of Sauvage Elixir by Christian Dior

There are 24 reviews of Sauvage Elixir by Christian Dior.

It smells almost exactly like the Downy lavender scent beads that you throw in the washing machine, then the next day it turns into Drakkar Noir and projects so much off clothes I had to wash my jacket just to get the smell off.

This for me is the Sauvage to get.
It is different enough from the other concentrations, which at this point is 'abused' in my book.

I have just today purchased the3.4 ml. Size which has recently become available, and I for one love this scent. A strong point for myself is in other than a good flavor for my nose is longevity ,which is most definate present. It seems we are witnessing a distinct DNA copycat like the Mugler Pure line ,Those of us that are in the fragrance world know the DNA of the ever so fantastic and sadly missed Mugler fragrances and we will recognize every flanker that is produced by Dior and there will be more to come . This Elixir is the prototype for the price to see who will drop the money in the can. I was never one for receiving compliments, I buy for me , and when that wind blows and hits just right for me to smell the chemical that I have infused myself with , there lies the happiness with said purchase . Always looking for that next best juice , for now I think i have found it , No regrets .

I've had plenty of time with Elixir and i can only conclude a positive review, it must be said at first I struggled with the liquorice note, however over time I've accepted this note is quite important to the structure and journey on my skin, Elixir is quite a loud fragrance with an almost deliberate harsh dry lavender note mixing with the peppery DNA of the original EDT, the liquorice, spice and ambery nature compliment the dry harshness of the spikey notes, to make for a well balanced piece of perfumery, the fragrance as a whole feels niche and expensive with performance to match , Elixir is extremely versatile and can be worn any season, any occasion...it will certainly attract attention with its bold and assertive nature , fabulous release.

Sauvage DNA but with darkness and added maturity. I attribute the more mature feel to the lavender which is very loud and upfront. It's a nice mix of old and new, fresh/clean, and dark/mysterious.

Seems pretty linear, not much change from beginning to end.

Performance is powerful. Even with minimal sprays (1-2 on skin) this projects into the whole room and leaves a big trail.

Nothing like the original, so I was confused when I first smelled it. I've smelled something like this before, but I can't remember what it is. The price/smell ratio is subjective, but this isn't worth it for me. This reminds me of Christmas. Spicy and rough in some aspects. I feel like this would smell better as a room spray, than a fragrance.

Worth trying out if you're curious or wanting to kill some time at the department store while you're waiting for your partner or friend. Thankfully this is will be everywhere so you'll be able to get your hands on it easily. You do not want to be blind buying this fragrance, especially at this price point.

Show more reviews of Sauvage Elixir...

Add your review of Sauvage Elixir