Santal Blush

Yann Vasnier
Givaudan

Where to buy Santal Blush

Reviews of Santal Blush by Tom Ford

There are 22 reviews of Santal Blush by Tom Ford.

A fem-leaning, flowery and airy sandalwood with a good dose of spice via the interesting note of cumin. Starts with a fruity-soft peach but that fades quickly. The sandalwood is of the chemical Javanol variety, but it is quite soft from the usual heavy, creamy sandalwood that I usually get Javanol with.

Doesn't smell super strong up close on skin but it hangs and lingers in the air via some aromachemical molecule magic. I'd call that more sillage than projection. Lasts all day and others might smell it more than you.
Sep 10, 2021

Indeed sandalwood is a main part of the first seconds and minutes, and after that it is lingering on. The second component that arrived soon afterwards is a slightly spicy cumin, that mixed well with the wood note. A bit of a herbal touch (carrot seeds and a spicier fenugreek) adds further depth.

After a while a more floral phase sets in, with a slim and not particularly thick or creamy ylang-ylang as floral standard bearer, accompanied by rather nonspecific renderings of jasmine, a rose, and whiffs of violet. Still, the sandalwood remains present in the background as an equal partner.

Towards the later stages hints of a soft benzoin evolve, with a perfunctory attempt at an out impression. White musk are added in, and they are rather bland on me. Fortunately, the sandalwood lingers on, and even gains prominence in the later stages of the development of this creation.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection, ad seven hour of longevity on my skin.

The heart and soul of this autumnal fragrance is the slightly creamy synthetic sandalwood, aided initially by the nice cumin note, and then by the fenugreek. The rest is quite generic and not impressive. Overall, nonetheless, quite nice due to the first half mainly, but not really making the grade to a positive score. 2.75/5.
Jun 29, 2021

I love this one. It's floral, powdery and just sweet enough. It's got some savoury ingredients as well. Good performances, without much evolution, but it's good as the opening is gorgeous.
Nov 12, 2018

A well made fragrance that ultimately isn't something I would wear very often. There are some strange notes that just doesn't work for me. The opening has elements that aren't too bad, but the overall effect isn't my favorite. Cumin...not a note I'm interested in wearing. Carrot seed seems a little "bugsy", and, "fenugreek"...hmmm? Maybe I'm too unrefined to appreciate using fenugreek as a note in a fragrance, but I'm very familiar with the smell of plain fenugreek, and it smells like a spice used to make chicken noodle soup. It is good for clearing the sinus cavity when taken alone, but I can't vouch for that happening while wearing Santal Blush. So, at first "blush", I'm gonna have to pass on Santal Blush. This is the second sandal wood fragrance I haven't liked all that well, so maybe I just don't care for sandal wood either.
Jun 2, 2017

I knew this day would come-- I have just run out of Santal Blush. It's my one and only splurge in a modestly sized wardrobe of modestly priced perfumes.

Understandably, this gets mixed reviews. The cumin here, reminds some of sweat, but to me reads as body heat, captured and blended with jasmine, a dash of cinnamon and of course, glorious sandalwood. Simple, but simply divine.

I find it a bit too warm to wear in spring or summer, but I'm sure when it gets cool again, I'll at least have a decant of this beauty, if not a full bottle.
Mar 26, 2017

This is a nice fragrance, however, it is not for me. This opens with very dry spices. After a short while (20 - 30 minutes) I can smell something akin to driftwood and, lingering in the back, something smells very much of skin. Not sweet skin, but sweaty (cumin) underarm.

It's blended really well, very soft. It has soft to moderate sillage on dry skin in a central heating environment and lasts around 5 or so hours.

Like I said, it very well may be nice on someone else....it's just not that nice on me.
Dec 5, 2016

Show more reviews of Santal Blush...

Add your review of Santal Blush