Santal 33

Frank Voelkl

Santal 33 is a shared scent launched in 2011 by Le Labo

Where to buy Santal 33

Reviews of Santal 33 by Le Labo

There are 51 reviews of Santal 33 by Le Labo.

This smells like smoke and children's chewable vitamins!
Sorry, fans. Everybody's different.
So glad I only purchased the trial size from Le Labo's website!

Tom Of Finland. . . . . . ELdO.

I love this scent, my first Niche bottle... it Jst lasts & lasts & lasts!

Santal 33 by Le Labo reminds me of the bombastic woody fragrances by CdG, but with different ingredients. Yes, I agree--this does smell like a moustache hipster, from 10 years ago, working in a wood shop, building a new end table and pickling vegetables in the corner. This fragrance suits my personal taste and it is difficult to argue with the quality and performance. Huge projection and sillage–the wearer is working hard in the wood shop for 10 to 12 hours a day, occasionally picking sawdust out of their beard and freshly laundered flannel shirt. 10 years ago, the day in the wood shop was ended at a cozy microbrewery, but now, our moustache is about to turn 33, and still works in a pile of wood chips, but spends spare time with the kids.

Pickle dust.

Its got dry chemically dill in the opening. One little bit on my arm three different times. I just don't think this is very persistant or heavy. It is airy and fades out in like 5 hours. I know that is not the baseline, but that is my 2020 experience. Fairly pleasant for what I did smell. Not particularly sandalwoody. Stupid expensive, and I wouldn't purchase it for $30. Thumbs down, solid.

This was always a 100% thumbs up for me (yes, I'm from NYC and was part of that initial Santal 33 craze) that I am now moving to neutral. It feels like the formulation has changed and the performance is weaker than previous.

Some of the great sandalwood is still there and it still gets praise from myself and others but I can't justify it based on the price.

Show more reviews of Santal 33...

Add your review of Santal 33