Sand & Sable

Coty

Sand & Sable is a women's perfume launched in 1983 by Coty

Where to buy Sand & Sable

Reviews of Sand & Sable by Coty

There are 22 reviews of Sand & Sable by Coty.

It's hard to believe this came from the house of Coty, but that's what happens when you sell out to a drug store chain.

This is a loud, harsh, cheap-smelling tuberose, that won't give up and won't wash off.

Tuberose, Gardenia, Musk, Sandalwood, Peach

Like Tuvache's Jungle Gardenia, this is the sort of stuff Sadie Thompson would have worn, cheap, vulgar and an insult to the nose.

For great tuberose scents, stick with Piguet's Fracas, Caron's Tubereuse, or By Kilian's Beyond Love.

I've worn this since in first came out. it wasn't very expensive then, only about $9 a bottle. I love it, my husband loves it and everyone who smells it on me loves it. it has to do with body chemistry. It doesn't even smell strong on me after the first ten minutes or so. That's one of the reasons I like it. I can wear it even around my friends who are normally allergic.

My Steady I have worn this perfume since I was in high school, and I adore it. I was puzzled reading some of the other reviews, but I guess it really is true that the smell works with your chemistry and so it's different on everyone. On me, it is light and flowery, and I think the gardenia comes through more than anything. It's the only smell that doesn't give me a headache as far as perfumes go. I have received compliments on it many times before.Pros: Light scentCons: Harder to find

This is some stinky stuff. Syrupy sweet tuberose and gardenia mixed up with some type of plastic and a dash of that dreaded "cat pee" note that sends me running. But, for some reason, a lot of men comment on this being their favorite fragrance. That usually tells me right off the bat we are not going to have anything in common.

I love white florals so I wanted to try this one. No way. There was a funky synthetic note that smelled like plastic. Yuck!

Really love it. It's both casual and elegant, cozy as it is bold, girly as it is womanly, simplistic as it is complex. I love tuberose and gardenia. I love summery white floral scents in general. They seem to react well to my skin chemistry. I wish this had more projection and longevity but I suppose, sometimes...you get what you pay for. It's still a magnificent scent and worth the purchase. I've been wearing it since my late teens and it'll always have a special place in my heart. Connected to it are memories and nostalgia....just as it makes me look forward to the future. I'll always keep some on hand. At it's price..I certainly can afford to.

Show more reviews of Sand & Sable...

Add your review of Sand & Sable

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

No members currently have Sand & Sable on their wishlist.