Saint Julep

About Saint Julep by Imaginary Authors

Imaginary Authors
Josh Meyer

Reviews of Saint Julep by Imaginary Authors

There are 3 reviews of Saint Julep by Imaginary Authors.

Starts off like a minty-salty version of Baccarat Rouge 540. Keeps that cotton candy sweetness into the drydown but then you get more of the green notes, almost vetiver-like. Similar to the MFK, it is very sweet so seems unisex to me.

On my skin, the projection is quite good and longevity is in the 6-8 hour range.
Feb 1, 2021

There is something about Saint Julep which keeps me coming back for another noseful hearty sniff. The grisalva note gives it a...fabric softener sheet smell the same smell and feeling when your favorite shirt comes straight out of the dryer.

The southern magnolia gives Saint Julep a tinge of almost lemony rose. I don't get any of the crushed ice accord at first, but it eventually comes around, although it could be completely in my mind. Does it truly smell like a mint julep over ice sipped while sitting under magnolia trees. Absolutely. Wonderfully executed.
Jan 27, 2019

Heavenly! Glorious! The first two words that come to mind after spraying this incredible fragrance on this morning. WOW!!! The opening is indeed special! The mint is completely fresh and of the crushed mint leaves variety. It is also very subtle and only detectable in the opening. This fragrance is also incredibly sweet...it smells like sugar, or more appropriately, it smells like a caramelized sugar. This note stays throughout the wear, probably a combination of the bourbon and the sugar. Perhaps a hint of the tangerine in the opening. The Grisalva note is interesting. It's supposed to be an animalic/ambergris type compound. This fragrance is nothing if not fresh and un-animalic, so I don't know if it's noticeable or not. The crushed ice accord is funny...I don't smell it, but I love Josh Meyer's imaginary notes as much as his imaginary stories. Longevity isn't too bad. It lasted about 5.5 hours before I sprayed a little more on just because I wanted to smell that opening again. Sillage isn't as good, it becomes a skin scent only after about 3 hours tops on me. This is a definite winner in my "book" and I will be purchasing a bottle of Saint Julep! Well done Mr. Meyer!
Jul 1, 2017