Ruh

About Ruh by Pekji

Pekji
Ömer Ipekçi

The company say:

Ruh recreates the smell of my office first thing in the morning. As I enter through the wooden doors, I am greeted by the smell of freshly brewed Arabic coffee (gahwa) along with the accompanying milk tea (karak) that is brewed for a long time with lots of cardamom and the distinct fizziness of saffron.

Reviews of Ruh by Pekji

There are 11 reviews of Ruh by Pekji.

Ruh is everything Histoires de Parfums Veni strove to be but was not. Finally, the saffron-centered hunt is over. I will wear Pekji's compositions for my sole enjoyment seeking neither compliment nor judgment. In those moments I will fondly recall an evening long ago dining in St. Peter's Archabbey.
Oct 3, 2020

Interesting note combo. For me, the notes bounce off of each other, taking turns revealing themselves. It's dark, smoky, in a way... Smells of various incenses mixed together, burning in some faraway mountain temple in the forest, I imagine. It softens, melds beautifully. I enjoy it more as it wears on.

Smells like creamier later, if that makes any sense. No one note overpowers the other. Magnificent blend!
Sep 16, 2020

Well designed blend of notes that I wouldn't quite expect to meld well together. None of the notes overwhelm the other - bits of spice, bits of floral, bits of bitter coffee.

I will caution on Ruh - this is a perfume that changes dramatically with body chemistry. On my skin this takes on the faint scent of fecal matter from a breastfed baby's diaper. As I'm still changing diapers, I know that scent all too well. I had the same issue with Cuir de Russie by Chanel, so perhaps there is something else lending to that odd undertone.

But on someone else - vastly magical and intoxicating. This one I will have to sniff from a paper strip or perfume stone.
Mar 21, 2019

Stardate 20170324:

Take note perfumers - This is how a saffron should be done.
It is the main player with rose and spice supporting it.
Unlike other reviewers, I dont get much coffee here.
This is a great saffron scent.

Mar 24, 2017

Quality!
This is the first thought that comes to my mind when the opening blast hits my nose mainly with a dominating saffron, a pleasant cardamom and a rose impression. The saffron is not light and bright like in, for instance, Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Sultan Safran, but darker, richer and more intense.

The rose is quite dark, smooth with just a modicum of glowing booziness. The coffee component is neither standing out nor particularly prominent - this is quite different for more directly coffee-dominated products like L'Eau de Navigateur. On my skin, the coffee permeates the opening triad and, infused with a hint of weak black tea, is part of the olfactory fabric in an unobtrusive manner.

Towards the base a restrained and slightly raisinous ambery aroma is added, with hints of musk, dark hesperidic glimpses and woodsy impression; all this is smoothly intertwined to form a multilayered fabric of olfactory artwork.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and an astounding - for natural ingrendients - ten hours of longevity on my skin.

Quality!
This sums up this oriental-gourmandish autumnal composition, as the most outstanding feature is the amazing quality of the natural ingredients. Some fragrances sport two or three dozens of notes that end up resulting in a disjointed mess. This scent, supremely skillfully pleated from comparative few and as such fairly standard main chords, does the opposite in a convincing manner. 4.25/5.

The name is correct: This creation has spirit.
Nov 2, 2016

ruh is the classic 'grower' - at first not really distinguished from the plethora of rose-spice-wood trendoids floatin round these days, but within a few short minutes you know something different is going on.... besides the full, tart rose of top quality, the saffron AND coffee take this on a detour far away from woodyville. repeated wearings really assert ruh's singular status, apart from the pack while remaining first and foremost an exceptionally wearable, warm quasi-gourmand rose oriental. great work!
Feb 6, 2016

Show more reviews of Ruh...

Add your review of Ruh