Royal Princess Oud

Overall

Royal Princess Oud by Creed

About Royal Princess Oud by Creed

Creed

Olivier Creed brings to life the early 20th century fashion sketchbooks of his ancestor, Henry Creed II. Inspired by a time when the House of Creed was steeped in London’s fine tailoring, Royal Princess Oud becomes the first scent born from over a century of couturier history.

Where to buy Royal Princess Oud

Reviews of Royal Princess Oud by Creed

There are 7 reviews of Royal Princess Oud by Creed.

"Inspired by a time when the House of Creed was steeped in London's fine tailoring, Royal Princess Oud becomes the first scent born from over a century of couturier history." Huh?

The paragraph provided by Creed about Royal Princess Oud makes no sense whatsoever. Then there's the name. Neither royal, nor descriptive of what one might mentally conjure up as scent for a princess, and there's not a drop of oud to be found in this. I'm wondering if Oliver Creed thought, well, we'll throw in some benzoin and sandalwood and it'll almost smell like an oud. Sorry, but it's a bit too late in the oud department for us to fall for that.

I'm not a Creed hater, by any means. I've worshipped at the Creed store on the Avenue Pierre, have owned five Creed flacons in recent years, and drained all of them dry. This is probably why I expect more from the house of Creed and am extremely disappointed in this scent.

The drydown is a patchouli ride, not unpleasant, but not worth the price by any means. I'm reading what deadidol mentioned about the similarity of the base with Aventus. He knows Aventus better than I ever will, and I must agree with him.

If Creed wants to do a woody iris-and-violet scent with a good structure and some depth, it would be interesting. I'm sorry to say that Royal Princess Oud tries too hard, and doesn't make it. Not a scubber, but not a buy; hence the neutral rating.

Upon first sniff you get a dark, yet spicy floral opening. With the spice mix, oud is very present but not dominate. Together with the florals, these really propel this fragrance onward with a nice spice laden floral bomb.

Ladies, this is a nice fragrance to have in rotation.

The opening is pleasant: a slightly sweetish bergamot, with a soft violet and a good jasmine making a gently fresh-floral mix.

The drydown adds a smooth patchouli - no harshness here - with a restrained aldehydic - at tunes nigh-fruity-ozonic undertone, which is not too synthetic. The base adds vanilla - neither cloying nor dominant- on a woodsy background that is spiced up with a bit of benzoin-infused styrax.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and eight hours of longevity on my skin.

This is a floral spring scent that is not bad, but overall a bit nondescript at times and not structured particularly well. The name is complete deception: there is no oud, not even any synthetically derived oud, in in this composition. 2.75/5.

Alrighty, the princess was in a mighty vague mood over here, a blurry watercolour daydream of mauves and pinks having left her a bit dopy – so she asked her shadowy attendant to get her a petit portion of something vaguely fruity (like, yeah, whatever) to nibble on.
Sorry if the silliness of the name prompts my sneering, but frankly this half-starved offering deserves it. For this is a misty and pale violet (with some hairspray iris valiantly attempting to give it a bit of body) infused for a while with a bit of berryish fruitiness from below – it vanishes some time in. It is wash after wash of light, barely there, colour amounting to one almighty… erm, pale wash?
My point is that this is a completely inconsequential perfume which makes blankness an art form. Oud? Pfttt! There's some clean, slightly peppery, wood in the base which does come up somewhat during the course of the wear, but don't look for much more. What starts off as a fresh and vaporous violet with fruity tones, floats down onto a fluffed up bed of musky wood. It's all so disorienting and formless, I felt I had been mildly sedated – not a good feeling when you've worn the damn thing in the morning. Fortunately it only has an active life of about two hours.

Have a sample just place on my wife and liked it.
I think is great fruit floral mix base reminds me of Aventus.This is different though it is probabally unisex but definaetly suitable more for a woman. Its expesinve for 75 cc its 385.They should sell it in a 3.4 oz bottle come in 8 ounces and 2.5 . I like it creed makes amazing fragrances I do not smell the od for some reason here for cedar even though its not here..Overall If you are a collector then I would say go for it is good fragrance cant find anything wrong with this.This gets 10/10. My favorite on my wife is still viva la juicy .I know that people will say that better frags are out there .I want argue that but for me may be one of least expensive that I have for my wife wardrobe is my favorite.same can be said for bougart in the men column for me yes I own other scents that are better but this one for me is really good A projection monster .Anyway this I believe could be that kind of fragrance for anyone who tries this I can see where this would be there favorite but have to have some deep pockets .Try this will not dissapoint!

A bouquet of fruit and floral accords kicks off the hilariously named Royal Princess Oud (although I'd contend the name's no more ridiculous than others in the line). These accords are well done – pastel in hue, but in not desaturated in a cliche wedding photography way. Vague berries merge with green stems, rose-ish things, jasmine, violets, all pounded into impressively compact arrangement. A marginal vanilla and a touch of spice forms the warp through which the florals are woven, and the final effect is subdued, refined, and genderless. There's a youthful freshness to it, but the lack of ostentation lends it classical appeal as well. (I personally found it to have more of a melancholic, autumnal vibe than that of a crisp spring or summer scent due to its more meditative nature. Also, at moments, it reminded me of the vanillic, semi-tropical fruit effect of CK's Obsession Night.)

As with Royal Oud, there's not a lick of oud in it. Instead, there's a soft cedar and musk base that, amusingly, smells a bit like the base from Aventus. In fact, the longer it was on my skin, the more connections to Aventus I made. It shares that same pseudo-musky glob that Aventus has, wavering between a spa-like smell and chalky deodorant. Although I struggled to shake the association, the base is perfectly functional and supports the opening for a good amount of time before taking the wheel. Obviously the name will have Creed-Bros clutching their pearls, but they'd be well-advised to give this one a spin (after all, there are other perfumes in the “masculine” line-up that are just as floral if not more so.) While the name suggests something for a insufferable teen, that's not what you get at all. It's really more of a simple, yet well-done woody floral. Nothing particularly revolutionary, but there's nothing gaudy or obnoxious either; it's Creed pulling their usual department store-but-better move to produce a light yet enduring violet and wood perfume that's a touch tropical and pleasant from start to finish. With that said, the price is extortionate for what is ultimately designer+, but I'm guessing it'll be at the discounters in under a year.

Show more reviews of Royal Princess Oud...

Add your review of Royal Princess Oud

No members currently have Royal Princess Oud on their wishlist.

Members who own Royal Princess Oud