Rive d'Ambre

About Rive d'Ambre by Tom Ford

Tom Ford

Where to buy Rive d'Ambre

Reviews of Rive d'Ambre by Tom Ford

There are 19 reviews of Rive d'Ambre by Tom Ford.

A very nice citrus fragrance. The Amber, citrus and musk combination smells great...while you can smell it. The longevity is poor. I can smell it (with my nose pressed against my skin) for up to four hours. The projection is near nonexistent. A great smelling fragrance with terrible performance issues. Although I like it, I must give it a thumbs down due to price point, performance and uniqueness.
Feb 21, 2021

The opening is designer citrus with sweetness, which isn't bad, just what it reminded me of and kinda not what I expected. Shortly after, it goes into a green-salty/peppery scent which is quite rich, very classy. Maybe even a little musky and sexy. The amber in the drydown is powdery, not warm and heavy. I think this is an excellent work fragrance for everyday use.

Performs much better on clothes than on skin for projection and longevity. I won't even report on skin performance because it was bad. So on clothes, the projection is still average but longevity is good, lasts all workday.
Dec 31, 2019

This started off powerful out of the gate and cleared my nose. A strong citrus and floral/herbal/mint shows up. It smells unique, but definitely unisex. There's kind of a boozy wood that appears in the base. It's not my style, but it is good. It comes off as a mysterious smooth boozy, amber orange. The only thing that interferes is a slight hairspray note, but that is a problem for so many fragrances. Since I haven't liked much of Tom Ford, it's easily one of his best for me. Dry down is like orange scratch off cards. This would be a great alternative to L'Anarchiste
Jan 11, 2019

Rive d'Ambre is gorgeous.

It takes time to appreciate all the nuance and complexities in this rather simple orange and amber fragrance.

Simple yet complex? Yes indeed. All the complexities serve to maintain the simplicity of the fragrance throughout it's life. Genius from TF.

What it smells like: if you can imagine Mugler Cologne in a Parfum Concentree strength, this would be it.
Dec 4, 2018

A palette of citruses that catches the bitter, sour and sweet aroma from all parts. It's bright and lively but there are shades of dark hidden underneath. The base provides some depth and ads character, but the star is always the citrus. Another companion is the mint, that puts the citruses even more into the spotlight with added crispness. Only in the late dry down, after about 5 hours, when I can only smell it from up close, I get a clear amber note.
For me, this is a better alternative to Neroli Portofino as a summer scent, because it's more sparkly and complex.
Oct 30, 2018

LOVE this interpretation of amber fragrance from Tom Ford! The star of this show, IMO, is Tolu Balsam (also known as myroxylon): Molasses-like deep sweetness, full of warmth and a delicious ode to ambery essence!!

A part of the Atelier d'Orient series from Tom Ford, Rive d'Ambre overall is a sweet, aromatic citrus potion that has loads of depth and character. Compared to the excellent basically linear sweet-spicy Amber Absolute also from Tom Ford, Rive d'Ambre tends to be more multifaceted and constantly throwing various notes that create a clean, orange-ish dominated fragrance that definitely has ambery warmth and panache.

Great for either gender, and a really classy outing.
Sep 29, 2018

Show more reviews of Rive d'Ambre...

Add your review of Rive d'Ambre