Replica Jazz Club

About Replica Jazz Club by Martin Margiela

Martin Margiela

Where to buy Replica Jazz Club

Reviews of Replica Jazz Club by Martin Margiela

There are 30 reviews of Replica Jazz Club by Martin Margiela.

The opening is somewhat cacophonous, which might be a commentary on jazz. Celery, coconut, rancid movie-theater popcorn butter—whatever it is, it adds a sourness that fights with the other notes for the first 20 minutes or so. After that, it settles down into a woody vanilla tobacco that's at once more comfortable and less interesting. The longer it dries down, the more of a respectable vanilla pipe tobacco it becomes and I prefer that aspect of Jazz Club to Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. Not so much that the opening is worth suffering through, though.
Sep 14, 2021

I ended up in the jazz club at 9am, when the place had been empty and clean for hours. There's a vague smoky muskiness, but also really quite a fresh smell, verging on piney. Overall, a far cleaner scent than I expected - at least on my skin. A few hours later it's more intimate and mellow, but still nothing like the description, or my expectation; safe rather than bohemian and rakish.
Jun 9, 2021

Spicy, boozy, tobacco that has been framed by styrax in the dry down. Not terrible but I would have liked it better without the pepper and styrax undertone. Agree that it's overdone. Simpler construction of notes would've been more appealing IMO. Could easily be loud or offensive if over applied. Lasted an eternity on my skin.
Feb 5, 2021

With the liquor and tobacco, this reminds me of Frapin's Speakeasy. I note a number of other good comparisons in the prior reviews. While I enjoyed getting through my sample, I have to agree that there's not much jazzy or Avant Garde going on here. It's very smooth and almost trying too hard to be liked. But did I like it nonetheless? Yes. An easy-wearing, consistent masculine.
Jan 18, 2021

I too got the strange development post the initial blast of rum and tobacco.
What developed on my skin was a minerally vegetal celery, perhaps the clary sage interacting with the peppercorns.

A shame because this has the same beautiful development of layers akin to all MM fragrances.

Certainly not something I will but because it does not work on my skin. Test before you buy!
Dec 12, 2020

I can see why it would work well for others, and it has a certain amount of complexity I can admire. However, I’m disappointed at this one. I get none of the top notes—from the get go, it’s all rum and tobacco and something else I can’t put my finger on, but I don’t like it. It really doesn’t work well with my body chemistry, I think, and it ends up smelling quite generic, like a drugstore men’s cologne. But boy does this cling like a mofo! Gooooood staying power.
Nov 2, 2019

Show more reviews of Replica Jazz Club...

Add your review of Replica Jazz Club