Red Vetiver

Montale
Pierre Montale

Where to buy Red Vetiver

Reviews of Red Vetiver by Montale

There are 42 reviews of Red Vetiver by Montale.

If you like terre de Hermes then you’ll like this!
Great performance. Slightly harsher but still awesome.
I love love love this one. But to be fair if montale farted into a bottle I’d buy it and love it!

Oct 18, 2021

The opening blast is bright: a gentle grapefruit mixed with a soft patchouli that is combined with a very restrained mix of black and white peppers - an interesting start. Whiffs of a sweet blood orange come and go too

A bit later a discreet balsamic note form a Peru balsam appears too; this aroma is gives added aroma without veering into a medicinal territory. After a while longer a vetiver arises and grows a bit more intense with time. This vetiver is bright and devoid of any significance earthiness or crispness; at times it is a bit flat.

Towards the end I get a subtle woodsy undertones that bears characteristics of cedarwood, but again it remains in the background.

I get moderate sillage, good projection, and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

This scent for cooler summer days is composed of ingredients that are not very exciting in themselves, but in the early stage they combine to a rather original whole overall impression. The art of an unusual result from mixing fairly standard components is mastered well here. The vetiver in the Montale does not play the dominant rôle one would expect from its name though, and it is a bit bland on me. Red Vetiver shows some similarity with Terre d'Hermes, but it is brighter on me and less woodsy. Overall 3.25/5
Nov 15, 2020

I am almost finished going through a full bottle of TDH... Yes, these 2 are very similar, but I have come to the conclusion that I like RV better...at least , to my nose , it's more robust and aromatic ...better support action from spices and woods...good blending and balance...gonna get a bottle of this instead of another bottle of TDH...
Feb 6, 2019

Finally got to try this one and, as expected, I have found the resemblance with Terrre d'Hermes from the first seconds. From the distance they appear to be undistinguishable, but up close I can sense how synthetic the Montale is when compared to Hermes.
In the opening there is a metallic note that fortunately doesn't hang for long. Besides that, orange and woods. Linear and good. Nearly as good as Hermes.
Aug 14, 2018

Somewhat resembles flowers at times. Like a floral-y green scent. The patchouli is sweetened. Has a balsamic, spicy, slightly powdery accord overall. Leans towards femme. I thoroughly enjoy this. I wish it lasted longer.
Aug 10, 2018

Red Vetyver

Love love.... Yes it is like another very popular Frag.
But I believe this is stronger and longer lasting.
An acquired taste.... Dirty citrus
Having this don't need the other.

10+ hours no problem there
Feb 13, 2018

Show more reviews of Red Vetiver...

Add your review of Red Vetiver