Red Door

Elizabeth Arden
Carlos Benaim

Where to buy Red Door

Reviews of Red Door by Elizabeth Arden

There are 64 reviews of Red Door by Elizabeth Arden.

Unctuous red rose and spangly orange-blossom.
It reminds me of rose hips; which give a dry-sweet syrup, and the seeds - which are ground to make itching powder for naughty boys to throw down people's necks.
But of course Red Door is a perfume, and these shiny hips have a perfumey secret: a dark, plastic tuberose and a powder-puff drydown.

Even though it's over 30, Red Door doesn't feel old or past it, it's one of those scents that make their own rules. It makes a fine dandy masculine.

FB - which reads on the box 'Elegant new look, same classic scent'
Oct 27, 2020

A sweet (but not gourmand) and strong fruity floral. Very good performances with a vintage feel.
Nov 8, 2018

Must be worn only in small quantities, then Red Door is pleasant. Otherwise it causes an agony both for the wearer and everybody around her.

Jasmine, honey and sandalwood is quite prominent in Red door as well as musk.

A diehard aldehydic powerhouse fragrance, powdery and soapy with a floral oriental touch.

It's never suitable for a blind buy...
Sep 30, 2017

Even after so many decades, Arden Red Door EdT never ceases to amaze me.

It's a fresh, clean experience that lasts all day. The sweetness of the honey and anise mixes nicely with the orange blossom, peach and plum. The spice and floral note don't cloyingly overtake the overall fragrance and simply accent the smooth opening. The base adds a slight warmth to this otherwise uplifting experience.

Whenever I smell this on a lady, I instantly recognize and admire it! Arden Red Door EdT still ranks up there among my all-time favorite ladies' scents.
Mar 3, 2017

I don't care what you say, I love Red Door. It's always been something that I sniff in passing while at the perfume counters, and I'm always shocked by how much I like it. Admittedly, I love big 80s spicy perfumes, big vintage scents, and hate today's sickly-sweet fruity-desserty bombs, but Red Door is almost it's own thing. Rose-y but spicy with an interesting drydown that is sweet but not too sweet. I can always tell when I've been wearing it because I pick up the shirt from the day before and inevitably, I have to take a big inhale and say, "Wow, that's yummy." I have Shalimar and Chanel 5 & 19 and Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, among others, and I like Red Door almost as much as those other, fancier perfumes. I have the lotion and the perfume -- bought for a grand total of $30 at TJMaxx. Great price is a bonus! I only wear a little if going to the office, but on weekends, I load up when I'm in the mood for it! It just makes me happy. Haters gonna hate, but oh well.
Apr 30, 2015

Don't overdo it.
On some this smells very nice.
When my sister wore it I remember the scent of honey and jasmines
When I wore it I got orange and cinnamon scents
It's a nice frag so long as it's not overapplied.
Jan 24, 2015

Show more reviews of Red Door...

Add your review of Red Door