Quelques Fleurs Royale

About Quelques Fleurs Royale by Houbigant

Houbigant

Where to buy Quelques Fleurs Royale

Reviews of Quelques Fleurs Royale by Houbigant

There are 10 reviews of Quelques Fleurs Royale by Houbigant.

Creamy fruit at first. An old-fashioned odor of mixed flowers. They smell good, to me. Violet and beeswax stands out, while the jasmine peeks through occasionally.

I haven't smelled the original Quelques in decades. If I recall, I think I felt it too loud. This version is more subdued, I think. It has a careless feel to it.

It seems to mute, become milder. The waxiness remains. It becomes more delicate. It recedes with a child-like quality. Something a young girl might wear on a special occasion.

Wood is ultra subtle underneath. Vanilla and musk are mere whispers, but are audible. This smells of innocence.

It later turns powdery. I must revisit this again...
Mar 10, 2019

I liked the original Quelques Fleurs, but this bears no resemblance. The sample vial spilled so I had a full-throttle olfactory experience. It smells of cocoanut, rather like shampoo. A disappointment..
Jan 29, 2013

Even if this scent was created for a queen/princess, I believe is less royale than the original version Quelques fleurs. The oriental notes are a little bit too common and ruin the sofistication of this creation. I can't really find why they had to produce this parfume, apart from marketing.
Apr 21, 2012

Without expectations, this juice hit my wrists and boy oh boy it's a nice suprise! I am amazed at how the modern re-working of a 90 year old fragrance is so pleasing! The name for this long delayed flanker is perfect too. Quelques Fleurs Royale is an orris powdery floral that really enhances the rose/jasmine heart. Topped with citrus & bergamot, QFR grabs onto the possiblity of a masculine floral...I don't get too much indole, if any, and the musky base is a perfect ending. Undoubtedly worthy of a test run!
May 19, 2009

Not having a lot of experience with florals it's hard to compare it to its peers, but I also noted some similarities to YSL L'Homme at the heart of the fragrance. In a direct comparison QFR makes L'Homme smell like a cheap knockoff (if you don't happen to already think of it that way), possessing a certain depth and quality of ingredients that L'Homme seems to lack.On a personal level, Quelques Fleurs Royale opened my eyes to the idea of wearing gender-ambiguous and gender-mismatched fragrances. As others have noted, this is clearly a feminine offering but it works very well on men, too, and for that alone I think it's pretty noteworthy. Wear this with confidence amongst forward-thinking crowds and it will pay off nicely.
May 16, 2009

This is by far the best of the Quleques Fleur. Not old lady like the Original and not too dark and depressing as the Violettes. Royale is feminine, strong, yet soft, just beautiful. It is timeless.
May 2, 2009

Show more reviews of Quelques Fleurs Royale...

Add your review of Quelques Fleurs Royale