Pulp

About Pulp by Byredo

Byredo

Where to buy Pulp

Reviews of Pulp by Byredo

There are 44 reviews of Pulp by Byredo.

Aptly named - a fruity green not sweet but intense presentation. Summer only perhaps? Maybe some spring applications. I do not like it, but I can see why others might enjoy it. Reminds me of the multi-release from Hermes 'Un Jardin' series, Pulp could easily be one of them.
Dec 2, 2021

Too many fruity notes condensed without space to breathe or articulate their own personality; too acidic, too sweet cloying, too lineal, smells like an air freshener. I notice some shopping malls use Pulp in their ventilation system. More like an aroma-chemical than a perfume.
Nov 11, 2021

To my nose, this smells like a more fruity, and more tropical version of Byerley by PdM. As Pulp dries down into the mid I am met with a fantastic black currant note that one would never expect in the mid of any fragrance. It comes across like a top note, and just adds to the depth of this fragrance.

Unfortunately, it's just not really wearable to me. Although I love fragrances as art, I can't wear them. I like to wear my fragrances as well as collect them, and I feel that owning a bottle of Pulp would just be a waste of money. My suggestion is to get a sample of this somewhere, especially if you like artistic fragrances. This is one of the few more artsy ones that revolves mostly around fruity notes, with a little wood in the dry down. I do believe a lot of effort was put into Pulp, and although I think the price should be much cheaper for what you're getting, you're really paying for the artistry here.

Update: the drydown, although intriguing, kind of smells like rotting fruit and woods, yet I am not disgusted by it.
Apr 17, 2021

I really like this aggressively fruity, heady fragrance. It somehow manages this intense fruitiness without being too sweet, rather erring towards earthiness. However, I haven't experienced the "rotten" aspect that some have. For me, it stays clean on the dry down, just reducing in intensity and maybe losing a bit of that initial tart sharpness.

I've never bought a full bottle because this is something I'd wear only occasionally, most often in the summer (maybe on a day where I wouldn't mind getting stung by a bee, lol.) I've spritzed it on in early spring a few times as well, just to feel that association with the warm weather, but it's definitely not an everyday scent, nor would I wear it if I planned to spend a lot of time inside.

I wouldn't blind buy this. It's not for everyone - if you dislike fruity, citrus/apple scents, stay away! But if you like an intoxicating, unique, earthy fruit scent, find a sample to see how it wears on you before committing to a bottle. At Byredo's price point, you want to make sure before pulling the trigger!
Mar 11, 2021

The ripe, rich and luscious fruitiness, with blackcurrant and recurrent dominating, does its name justice; with a dash of bergamot adding freshness, whilst whiffs of white pepper with cardamom an attempt to balance out the top notes. This attempt does not prevent the fruitiness remaining the core element in the development of this scent right until the end.

Further in into the drydown the fruitiness morphs into a bowl and figs, apples, and hints of coconut milk, with the sweetness being full-on at times, but later a less direct. Towards the ends a nonspecific woodsiness is added, and is an undertone of white florals.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and ten hours of longevity on my skin.

This summery fruit mocktail interesting in its conception, but suffers from the use of some excessively synthetic ingredients that are a bit too generic in the base particularly. Overall nice but a bit over the top, without managing to convey sufficiently real fruit impressions. 2.75/5.
Jul 27, 2019

Quick wave of fruit on top. Fast moving notes of wood. Dry. Cool. Eventually I smell apple and nutty praline. I could sit and sniff the base of this all day.
Sep 12, 2018

Show more reviews of Pulp...

Add your review of Pulp