Psychédélique

Overall

About Psychédélique by Jovoy

Jovoy

Reviews of Psychédélique by Jovoy

There are 22 reviews of Psychédélique by Jovoy.

Warm spicy and rich as a orange harvest moon on a crisp autumn star filled night.this fragrance is patchouli done right.the personality of the fragrance is a bit vintage.it.his gives me vibe like Chanel Coromandel. strong in the opening, woody,earthy and wet in the middle notes,sweet and ambery in the dry down,musky the day afteroriental sensuality and spirituality in a bottle.

It definitely opens with a blast of patchouli.the patch of patchouli is resinous,hippie yet bitter.as it develops it becomes sweeter and rounder.as the patch eases up,but never leaves, the scent becomes very ambery, probably due to the presence of labdanum,vanilla and balsam.not as gourmand as angel, but enough sweet to remind you quality chocolates.on a woman's skin it is avant garde and artsy.on a man's skin it is warm masculine and debonair.a deep and warm fragrance you can wear in cold weather and in summer's evenings.
Dec 8, 2021

This is crazy good. Jovoy is really turning me into a fanboy. There's a bit of dark heaviness to their scents that it turns out really appeals to me.

This stuff is potent and lasts like crazy. Sure it's hard core patchouli but it's got a heavy duty "chocolate cake" aroma to it and is not sugary or too sweet.

Kind of a dramatic scent but fun too.
Oct 31, 2021

Now this is a sensual beauty and one of the best patchouli scents I have smelled. It opens up with a camphorous dusty chocolate like aroma that has a slight medicinal aspect. The pink rose adds that sensuality within this comfort scent that just gets better with vanilla as time goes by. Longevity and projection are stellar.

All in all a great fragrance and a big thumbs up!
May 4, 2021

Out of the gate it's patchouli, earthy with a raw chocolate edge to it. Not my favorite type of patch and I was wondering if I didn't overspray. However, it quickly mellows into a patchouli, amber, vanilla and musk accord that is safe and sort of pedestrian leaning. I don't get anything citric or floral. It's a nice mellow, mid-sillage scent for most of it's life and doesn't develop any further. Seems very high quality and could be worn all year in most any setting. I like it but not one I have to own, and I've smelled many similar patch centric fragrances that cost much less, like Montale's Patchouli Leaves & Reminiscence. It's attractive and if you like patch, this is one to try. Neutral for me.
Feb 19, 2021

First one by Jovoy I've tried, and what a winner! I'm not fond of Patchouli, but I'm not sure if it's that previous patchouli scents just weren't good, or if this one sublimates it enough that I love the whole thing. The opening smells just like 1969 by Histoires de Parfums, with vanilla, amber, and patchouli notes that smell like pure sunshine. Fabulous!
Dec 23, 2020

Dark slightly medicinal ambered patchouli

what a lovely fragrance. This is my favorite Jovoy and favorite Patchouli fragrance.
It starts with a dark slightly medicinal patchouli. the medicinal vibe is reminiscent of the opening notes of some medicinal natural ouds even though this fragrance doesn't contain oud. it then mellows down and the patchouli is joined by an ambery smooth note with some vanilla. the combination of notes gives off a dark chocolaty feel . Performance is very good 9/10.

Overall Score 8.8/10
Jul 9, 2020

Show more reviews of Psychédélique...

Add your review of Psychédélique