Pour L'Homme

Overall

About Pour L'Homme by Roger & Gallet

Roger & Gallet

Reviews of Pour L'Homme by Roger & Gallet

There are 3 reviews of Pour L'Homme by Roger & Gallet.

This is a bit of a mess, in my view, far too sweet and unbalanced. I'm not sure how this fits with the existing reviews, but the version I tried is clearly trying too hard to be de jure. It fails, or succeeds, in this, depending on how you see it... but one to avoid, in my view.
May 12, 2018

Roger & Gallet seem to be the most ubiquitous, yet mysterious perfume house around. Check out their website...it's downright oblique. One minute your favorite drugstore has all their products, the next week none. They have no popular classics, yet all their wares are familiar. They had an amazing scent called "L'Homme" that came out in 1982 and the only way to get it was to send away for it. And this was before scent strips. Do they make it or don't they? Do they have it or not? Where on Earth can I find it? Why is it $10.00 here and $310.00 there? Tres bizarre!
Which brings us to "Pour L'Homme" (not to be confused with "L'Homme" or "L'Homme Essential") I found a mini of it on one of my thrift store runs. Pollux's review of the olfactory elements are spot on and I don't have much to add. Except that's it quite excellent and "classy" as one might expect from this venerable European house. I get a very faint peppery accord throughout that is compelling without being obnoxious. This would be perfect for the office or any occasion that finds a man in a good suit. Pollux mentioned it's hard to find. And I believe him!
Feb 1, 2011