Portraits : The Coveted Duchess Rose

Overall

About Portraits : The Coveted Duchess Rose by Penhaligon's

Penhaligon's
Firmenich

Daughter of Lady Blanche and Lord George, Rose married a Duke to escape the stifling rigidity of her family and to become the Coveted Duchess Rose.

At first, naively romantic, she has now become disillusioned and frustrated in an unsatisfactory marriage.

Always looking for fun and frivolity (and perhaps love affairs), her fragrance is a not so innocent fresh rose.

Release me.

Reviews of Portraits : The Coveted Duchess Rose by Penhaligon's

Something in this rose perfume set off my anosmia when I first applied. I kept on applying more and more not realizing I was setting off a rose bomb on my person. I was a room clearing walking rose smelling torment to my family for a few hours after applying. Coveted Duchess Rose gets a huge thumbs up for silage and longevity but it ends there.

Eventually this panned out to be a loud generic rose and I'd recommend Yardley's English Rose if you desire the best bang for your buck (and better smelling too). Extremely disappointing for the price point.
Dec 31, 2019

A pleasant mandarin at the start, straightforward and quite pleasant. The drydown developed a rose that is a agreeable, and a bit nonspecific and not very individual.

The base is a generic musc added in, and whiffs off woodsy undertones adding a bit more depth.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and and six hours of longevity on my skin.

A spring scent that is not bad, but rather generic on the whole. 2.75/5.
Dec 10, 2018

A nice rose soliflore.

Mandarin start is brief, but nice and sharp. It reminds me of lemongrass. The main note of this perfume is a decent, rounded velvety rose-oxide rose. Very "red" feeling.

At the 15 minute mark as the rose chems start to wane, the body of this fragrance starts to become apparent, and it is quite simplistic. I detect large amounts of Iso E Super or Timberskilk with some sort of soft musk like Velvione.

This need not be a bad thing. If you like things like Terre D'Hermes of A&F Fierce which also contain large doses of Iso E, you might like this.

Fades down into a musky, watery but very diffusive fond.

Apr 10, 2017

My girlfriend bought one at sacks fifth avenue NY, great smell. On her skin it lasts about 8 hours it is a unique scent that can be used day or night.
Oct 16, 2016

Show more reviews of Portraits : The Coveted Duchess Rose...

Add your review of Portraits : The Coveted Duchess Rose