Pomélo Paradis

Overall

About Pomélo Paradis by Atelier Cologne

Atelier Cologne

Reviews of Pomélo Paradis by Atelier Cologne

There are 21 reviews of Pomélo Paradis by Atelier Cologne.

The opening blast is bright, fresh and hits the pomelo note very well, veering towards a rich grapefruit with a strong tangelo aroma.

The top notes evaporate after a couple of hours, and the drydown develops an orange blossom aroma, with a bit of blackberry thrown in very briefly, some black currant and with hints of a somewhat negligible rose and a somewhat perfunctory neroli on me.

In the base I see the addition of an amber not that is very restrained, together with some vaguely woodsy notion in the background.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

The lovely top notes of this summery creation stand out for their realistic, albeit artificial, depiction of the citrus fruits, but the rest of this composition of a bit on the mediocre side and too nonspecific, but overall this scent is quite nice. 3.25/5.
Sep 20, 2019

From January, 2016:

This is a great fragrance! Pomelo Paradis smells just like you cut open a ruby red grapefruit and laid it over a fruit salad outside by the garden. It's juicy, natural, and completely fresh. The drydown takes an unexpected turn and rather than opting for a typical base of white musk and wood, Paradis incorporates a sweet amber accord that just gives it that soft, luscious sort of conclusion, which is definitely a welcome twist as far as I'm concerned. Projection is solid for the first hour or two, and close to the skin thereafter. Longevity seems about 6 hours. This is hands down the best grapefruit-centered fragrance I've experienced and possibly one of the best fruity fragrances as well. It also makes the room smell great after you apply it. Completely unisex, very uplifting, and totally upbeat, I'm recommending Pomelo Paradis as a blind buy to anybody who's looking for this type of scent. Thumbs up.
Aug 13, 2019

From tart, beautifully juicy topnote to average, pink bubble bath drydown. That topnote though.
Jul 29, 2019

Delicious hyperreal juicy pink grapefruit with hints of passionfruit. As others note, this fades fast to a much too long-lasting and not so pleasant metallic-amber base: is it norlimbanol or ambrocenide? Dunno; reminds me of the former. Anyway that structure doesn't work for me. The vivid realism of the top notes is both fun and raises interesting "what are the goals of perfumery?" type questions I spose.
Mar 29, 2019

Really enjoyable grapefruit that avoids bitterness with blackcurrent, and mandarin. There are some great notes on the middle to bottom of the pyramid (mint and rose), but the scent starts fading quite a lot before getting there, nonetheless I found this more enjoyable than any other grapefruit fragrance so far. It's not harsh or cloying. It's also the best blackcurrent I've smelled so far. It may fade too much for some, but it is at a level of an EDC, with a little more strength. A different experience than I expected.
Jan 23, 2019

This is GREAT for summer. It is (imo) so much better than Orange Sanguine--not nearly as sweet, but still managing to capture the feeling of a real grapefruit (in the way that O.S. is going for the feeling of a real orange.) The opening is sharp and beautiful. It fades to nothing on me quite quickly, which is why it only gets a 4 star overall. But I really like this one! I drained my 7.5 mL sample in about 2 months. I might have to get a 30mL for next summer.
Sep 16, 2018

Show more reviews of Pomélo Paradis...

Add your review of Pomélo Paradis