Piper Nigrum

About Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi

Lorenzo Villoresi

Where to buy Piper Nigrum

Reviews of Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi

There are 77 reviews of Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi.

Very balmy, peppery and green - without being refreshing. Quite an accomplishment. Too many competing dry notes in this one, I had wished it was more about black pepper. Fairly interesting to smell now and then, that's about it.
May cause: vomiting, nausea, heartburn, diarrhea.
May 8, 2020

I had to go to LV in Italy for 4 samples.
Piper Nigrum arrived today. Fresh and minty and slightly powdery. Most reminiscent of Creed Viking in the opening then settles to a powdery barbershoppy powdery minty freshness. Almost medicinal but not terminally so. Longevity is good, Projection is C+. Lacks the smoothness and depth of Creed Viking. After 2.5 hours is a nice faint sweet skin scent.
Will test this on my wife as she likes the more subtle ones . Let's see if it topples Byredo's Super Cedar!
I also recieved Uomo which is a pleasant damp Vetiver. Nothing more.

Fragrance: 7.5/10
Projection: 6.75/10
Longevity: 7/10
Jul 26, 2019

The Procession of the Corpus Christi, Toledo BY
Arthur Melville 1890
Mar 13, 2018

This has the most refreshing opening I've had in ages. Pepper and mint, with some anise and clove. So it's spicy, but the mint makes it cool as well and a lovely wake up call. I cannot stand the smell of aniseed, probably due to Pernod and cider cocktails in my youth (sometimes I wonder how I made it this far...), and even the smell of anis or the taste of aniseed chewing gum sets me on edge. But when it's well blended in a perfume I've come to love it! And this is great - all of the components work together in a contrasting almost clashing burst. And it stays good, with some amber sweetening the clove. I'm still getting little bursts of peppery spice hours later. I find this one gives me the mind clearing space I often look for in more incensey scents.

It works so well on a sunny day that I'm very curious on how it will be in the middle of winter - I could be looking at this year's Christmas present to self!
May 19, 2017

A delicious, very organic pepper based fragrance. This is different to the Iso E Super, dry and somewhat synthetic scents (which I like, by the way). You don't feel as though you are getting saturated with one specific molecule - it's a nuanced, natural pepper with a supporting clove and anise note.

Unfortunately for me, as a unisex fragrance it's just too sweet. If they brought out a drier men's version with a touch of wood in the base, this would be my signature scent. A real shame as, if you like pepper, this is probably as good as it gets.
May 15, 2017

La caravane d'épices!!!!, outstanding start, with a spicy and fresh mint+pepper scent. The fragrance becomes warmer, with resin and animal scents . Better for winter, not for shy people
Sep 21, 2016

Show more reviews of Piper Nigrum...

Add your review of Piper Nigrum