Pino Silvestre

Silvestre
Lino Vidal

Where to buy Pino Silvestre

Reviews of Pino Silvestre by Silvestre

There are 80 reviews of Pino Silvestre by Silvestre.

Ah nostalgia and memories can play havoc with my middle aged brain. So many font memories of colognes from my childhood and early memories of looking forward to manhood.

I am a collector and have many vintage fragrances in my collection. I recently purchased this at a discounter for less than $20.

Huge anticipation of pine forest, fresh, barbershop fragrance so I was so disappointed when I got hit by the smell of mothballs, yes nasty mothballs

I cannot recollect the original fragrance but this is nasty stuff with no redeeming features what so ever - AVOID
Aug 5, 2021

Argh. The reformulation of this wonderful classic is a disaster.
Pine? No, an overdose of Cloves. It's more Easter Ham than Christmas Tree. I thought I received a bad bottle so I purchased another bottle to be certain. Same clove blast. While the original was a pine journey through an Italian forest the reformulation is a spicey clove fest that is unpleasant and cloying.
Jun 23, 2021

Mediterranean legend, a quick escape to the forest, timeless.
Oct 9, 2020

In one of Philip Kerr's Bernie Gunther books, his detective hero is on the run and working as a concierge in an hotel on the French Riviera. It's still in the early years after WWII, and Bernie is penniless. One of his only luxuries is a bottle of Pino Silvestre that one of the guests left in their room. Bernie's a smart cop and smart about cologne too. Pino is the Old Spice of Italy. It's full of botanicals and more often I get hints of rosemary than any pine. But who's complaining? It can be had for pennies and has one of the best amber drydowns ever. It also has zero sillage, like many aftershaves, but at this price point, just re-apply. Get yourself the bodywash as well in the huge green plastic pine cone bottle and revel in it a bit. You don't have to tell anyone you're wearing Pino. Like Bernie, you can be a bit incognito and hold your cards close to your chest. Pino is something you wear for you. Which in the end is all that matters.
Feb 22, 2020

Sampled from a recent (reformulated?) tester. Pino Silvestre opens with a bright, slightly camphorous lemon and herbal (thyme?) note, which transitions to more garden/kitchen herbs (rosemary?), then a dominant floral-lavender musk that remains rather jagged and piercing for the first half hour before it smoothes out and settles down, and a balanced lemon-herb-musk accord emerges. The lemon-lavender-herbs combination, along with the bright, jagged intensity of the opening, all create associations with cleaning products for the first half hour, after which the herbal-musk accord takes it in a more earthy, natural direction. While the bright lemon-thyme opening creates a loose impression of pine, I don't detect any pine or coniferous notes for the rest of its run.

Although I was expecting to like this more than Agua Brava because of reviews saying the herbs made PS a more complex fragrance, I prefer the subtle handling of vetiver, musk, and woods in reformulated AB, which also has a bit better longevity. PS fades to skin scent in 1–2 hours. Perhaps the vintage version is more impressive . . .
Feb 16, 2020

Go to Italy, and you are bound to smell this on a few people. Yes, it smells like pine, and some more pine. However, the dry down brings on a plesant hint of spice and basil. not one of my favorites, and I rarley wear this during the summer, as it does remind me of Christmas time. Not a beast in projection, it's just right.
Jan 29, 2020

Show more reviews of Pino Silvestre...

Add your review of Pino Silvestre