Piment Brûlant

About Piment Brûlant by L'Artisan Parfumeur

L'Artisan Parfumeur

Piment Brûlant is a women's perfume launched in 2002 by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Reviews of Piment Brûlant by L'Artisan Parfumeur

There are 35 reviews of Piment Brûlant by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

It's hard for me to put my finger on the notes in this one: dark chocolate and bell pepper are there for sure. But also some vanilla and clove. I find myself reaching for this one more often than I thought I would because ultimately on me it is a light, pick-me-up of a scent.

The pepper is evident right from the start, but is is a restrained sweet chili and not a really hot pepper on me.

A sweetish combination of cocoa and clove - the clove being prominent continues the - limited - development.

Later on I get the vanilla-tonka, but again it is holding back, which might not be a bad thing given the many cloying vanillas our there. Whiffs of cinnamon are fleetingly present.

I got moderate sillage, excellent projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

A nice scent with a good way of incorporating pepper and clove as part of the mix without being overwhelming; they are integrated team players here. The drawback is that as a whole it is quite weak after the first hours, and rather linear. 2.75/5

Piercing spice. Warm. Mega clove. I smell more Tonka than cocoa. Then I get mainstream vanilla. Not too much to rave over here. It's rather boring.

After reading reviews I was expecting a 'greener' fragrance, and although the opening is indeed just like a freshly cut bell or chilli pepper, after some time I get an ongoing and quite deep 'red' spicy scent. Chilli pepper and cinnamon mostly, rounded with lower notes of the cacao and dark chocolate. I find these override the amber and vanilla which seem to play a supporting role rather than being detectable to my admittedly very novice nose. I really enjoy it. I love cooking and am always happy to smell gourmands, especially unusual (to me) ones like this.
I'm not bothered about projection, I wear scents for my enjoyment, but I'll report that this one certainly doesn't shout, nor does it last all day/night. I've got a nice, well blended skin-scent now after a few hours of putting it on. I'd happily add a few more sprays next time.
I did notice a similarity with the violet/violet leaf notes in DSquared He wood cologne which I've worn a few times lately.
Altogether a very nice fragrance from a house that seems to me adventurous and creative.

While checking the notes listed in Piment Brûlant, the savoury dark chocolate spiced up by chili pepper immediately pops into my head. Unfortunately, on me the chocolate never manages to peep out. Upon application, it smells spicy, green and crisp, like many have pointed out, the freshly cut green bell pepper. I can hardly get other notes suggested. After about 4 hours, it evolves towards red chili pepper but overall it remains the same cold spicy tone which is a similar ambiance that I got from Un Jardin après la Mousson.

The sillage is close to skin. The longevity is at least 6 hours. A very interesting olfactory exprience though not exactly what I expected. It's actually a versatile fragrance, fresh enough for summer, spicy enough for winter. However, it lacks something sensual to evoke a 'love' for the scent itself. I'd love to get a small bottle for my collection, but a 100ml bottle just seems an eternity to me.

in Bed (Le Lit) by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

Show more reviews of Piment Brûlant...

Add your review of Piment Brûlant