Pierre Hermé : Pamplemousse Rhubarbe

LIMITED EDITION

Overall

About Pierre Hermé : Pamplemousse Rhubarbe by L'Occitane

L'Occitane

Part of a limited edition series developed in collaboration with pastry chef Pierre Hermé. The others are: Miel Mandarine and Jasmin Immortelle Neroli.

Reviews of Pierre Hermé : Pamplemousse Rhubarbe by L'Occitane

There are 2 reviews of Pierre Hermé : Pamplemousse Rhubarbe by L'Occitane.

A gorgeous juicy and sweet grapefruit sitting here in a bed of some herbs and spices and some lovely floral sweetness - there are no florals in the notes, but I somehow perceive their aroma instead of woods that *are* in the notes. Is this sweetened-with-fruit lavender talking? Ahhh. Anyway. I like it. A must try for every grapefruit freak like me.
Oct 14, 2019

I got this in a L'Occitane shop a couple of years ago to stop myself buying Aedes de Venustas, as I already had a grapefruit I liked (Pamplelune). I was flirting with the rhubarb thing around then. This was designed in collaboration with a pastry chef I think, and it reminds me of a rhubarb and lemon tart my dad makes from a French recipe. So it's a bit foodie! It's not overly sharp on opening, and manages to evoke sweet grapefruit of all things!

It's a bit sweet for me, but it does the job on a warm day, and it's definitely fruity - but in a patisserie way rather than fruity floral. I quite like, but don't love, it.
Jul 19, 2017