Paul Smith Extreme Men

Sophie Hicks

Paul Smith Extreme Men is a men's fragrance launched in 2002 by Paul Smith

Where to buy Paul Smith Extreme Men

Reviews of Paul Smith Extreme Men by Paul Smith

There are 36 reviews of Paul Smith Extreme Men by Paul Smith.

Fragrance in three words: Sweet Herbal Geraniums

This was my signature scent around 2010 after progressing from Paul Smith Men (2000). It took me some getting used to as I found this quite feminine by comparison. What I though was a massive rose note is actually geranium. It's a herbal geranium and compliments the woody base really well.

The top notes are sweet citrus and cardamom and similar to most maculines of that era: Prada Amber (2006), Burberry Brit (2004). This part is very short lived on skin. A herbal woody scent with light smoke and bursts of geranium dominate.

Sillage and longevity are both moderate. The fragrance lasted around 5 hours on skin after 2+ sprays.

Value: As of 2021 UK prices are 100ml £41 and 50ml is £28. This fragrance is often discounted to around half the RRP price. I bought my 50ml bottle for around £14.

Overall: A top value fragrance which doesn't break the mould. Performance wise it is what you expect for the price. It's versatile and smells different to most modern men's fragrances due to it not being a vanilla and benzoin bomb. There are fragrances that do woods better at a similar price point Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme (2017) and better masculine floral fragrances like Joop! Homme (1989).

Scores 7.5 out of 10

Source: Offical 50ml EdT and official 2ml sample

This one is a nice, pepper-wood like scent laden with a healthy does of spice and florals.

I can't help but compare it to Paul Smith Men, which I find to have more heft and is more memorable to wear.

Nonetheless, though it is not a beast mode scent (as seems to be suggested by its "Extreme" label), PSEM is clean, pleasant, and decent for casual occasions.

Passable enough. Was gifted a small bottle and used it here and there for variety but probably wouldn't buy it.

A nice blend of citrus and spice that quickly turns into a nice barbershop scent on my skin. Lasts in the 4 hour range with limited projection after 60 t0 90 minutes. The opening does smell rather zesty and as it drys the juice becomes enjoyable with wafts of geranium sandalwood and musk. For the price it is a nice weekend or casual scent or something for the office. Enjoy!

Mixed opening of citrus, herbs, and spices. No one note is prominent in the massed accord. It's kind of… not sharp… or rich… or visceral… I guess “ehh” says it all. It lasts about a half hour.

The heart notes sound great: incense, geranium, and rosewood. Again I can't separate out the notes: but I do get a little resin and a good dose of not-very-natural wood and I don't smell the geranium: I would think that with both rosewood and geranium there would be a stronger presence. There's nothing objectionable here, but this accord is another ehhh…

The base is disappointing not in how it smells, but in its lack of projection. It is woody and muskish and there's a decent modern / young feel to it, but it seems to be barely surviving. I guess what bothers me most about Paul Smith Extreme is that it is called “extreme.” It isn't.

Nice box and bottle. Smells vaguely of flower shops, vaguely of crayons and pencil shavings and vanishes without trace within an hour. Bit pointless, really.

Show more reviews of Paul Smith Extreme Men...

Add your review of Paul Smith Extreme Men